Ronnie’s deli offers unique deals

exc-56382b37e4b09e28f585c490
exc-56382b37e4b09e28f585c490

Located in Rohnert Park, Ronnie’s is a unique place that serves a variety of options. It’s a deli, market and bar. Ronnie’s has mouthwatering sandwiches served in the deli, along with prepared sides and salads, a small market with many choices, and a bar menu with dinner entrees. Owner Ronnie Rao opened his restaurant on Aug. 15 of this year. 

The deli section of Ronnie’s gives the option to build your own sandwich for $7.95. All sandwiches are $7.95 unless listed otherwise. Salads are served and some side dishes are prepared and sold daily. 

The meats to choose from are turkey, ham, salami, roast beef and pastrami. The cheeses include mozzarella, provolone, pepper jack, cheddar, jack and swiss. 

You can add options such as jalapeno, avocados, grilled onions, bacon and more for a little extra ranging from $1 to $2. 

Ronnie’s has classics like the B.L.T, the club andthe meatball sub but also has specialty sandwiches with fun names such as The Godfather, Blazing Saddle and Ragin’ Cajun. 

The Woodstock sounds like a tasty vegetarian option with grilled veggies, jack cheese, avocado, grilled peppers and onions, lettuce, tomato and special sauce. I tried the Kryptonite Chicken which has a chicken breast with swiss cheese, grilled peppers and onions, smothered with pesto sauce. 

The market portion of Ronnie’s is unique in a few ways. It has over 200 premium beer options, tons of red and white wine choices, as well as some high-end selections of champagne. 

Rao mentioned that his wine and champagne prices are 35 percent less than others. There is a beer cave which holds 30 racks of beer and keeps them chilled. Many classic glass bottle sodas are sold at Ronnie’s too. 

Boyd’s coffee and cappuccinos are also served. Fresh smoothies will be coming soon. Candy, chips, and other convenient items are sold inside the market as well.

The bar menu includes Seawolf Sliders that are $3 each, which are mini burgers with choice of cheese, secret sauce, tomato, lettuce and pickles. There is also a special burger menu, one of which is the Seawolf burger. It’s a half-pound burger with premium bacon, pepper jack cheese, fire-roasted habanero ranch, with lettuce and tomato for $12.95, and comes with a side of french fries, chips, deli salads or chilli. 

Another item is Jonny’s buffalo wings with habanero ranch, blue cheese, and Chef Mario’s special sauce for $9.99. 

One of the dinner entrees listed is the Chef’s Louisiana Style-ribs for $12.99. Slow cooked ribs with Chef Mario’s sauce with a side one can choose.

Guests can choose from tables inside, which has the atmosphere of most delis, or outside in the patio area with some shade, as well as in the designated bar area, called Ronnie and Jonnie’s Fan Room. 

Jonnie Contreras, Rau’s partner, helped design and construct the new establishment. The Fan Room has two large flat screens for one’s entertainment. 

There is WiFi and plenty of outlets for the students who want to have a beer do some homework. Ronnie’s has lovely specials each day. On the weekend, happy hour goes from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. 

On weekdays, happy hour is from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. ‘Game’s on, Deal’s on’ is whenever a bay area team is playing, $2 off of pints as well as happy hour prices. When the Forty-Niners or Raiders score, then $1 pints are served. No hard alcohol is served at Ronnie’s.

Some daily specials include, Two for Tuesdays, which is from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. and when one buys any draft beer at a regular price, get a second for $2. Thirsty Thursday from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Pabst Blue Ribbon 16oz. beer cans are two for $4, and domestic 16oz beer cans are two for $7. 

Some beers on tap include Lagunitas, Angry Orchard, Modelo, Almanac Beer Co, Dust Bowl, Hop Valley, Grapefruit Sculpin Stone, Mermaid’s Red, Baby Daddy and Sonoma Cider.

Sonoma State students receive a special 10 percent discount. No students are employed at Ronnie’s but don’t hesitate to stop on by. 

For those who want to stop by Ronnie for a drink or a bite to eat, it’s only a few minutes from campus, located at 1460 East Cotati Avenue. The prices are right and the food is scrumptious. Stop by Ronnie’s and try a unique beer and a tasty sandwich.