Best Happy Hour: Jaded Toad

exc-573a704dd51cd4769638494b
exc-573a704dd51cd4769638494b

STAR // Shane Bickford
Jaded Toad in Rohnert Park offers specialty drinks for $5

Since opening its doors just five short months ago, Cotati’s Jaded Toad BBQ and Beer Garden has luredSonoma State University’s princes and princesses through its doors for its jaded kiss.
The Jaded Toad is located just six minutes away from Sonoma State’s campus, offers a unique take on everybody’s favorite happy hour. Happy Hour is offered every Monday through Friday from 3-6 p.m.
Jaded Toad’s most popular attraction besides its eclectic outdoor venue, where students can unwind around the toad’s firepit, is its wide beer selection. The Jaded Toad boasts over 36 different beers on tap, including 20 rotating seasonal and local beers.
The Lagunitas selection is a popular choice for the locals but, 805 Firestone and Drake’s Denogginizer are some of the Toad’s most popular sellers. All beers during Happy Hour are served for a dollar off at $4 a brew.
If you’re not in the mood for a beer, The Jaded Toad features a large selection of Specialty drinks. The Toad’s “Jaded Julep” is a refreshing combination of lemon, mint and vodka for a refreshing burst of flavor to enlighten and cleanse your palate. A popular pick from the students of Sonoma State is the fruity flavored Jaded Toad Sangria. The Sangria is the perfect blend of fruits and wine on a hot summer day. All of the Toad’s specialty drinks are served for $5 during Happy Hour.
The drinks aren’t the only thing reeling in the Seawolf crowd. All of the Jaded Toad’s “Starters”  are discounted for half price during Happy Hour. The Jaded Toad has an on-site smoker where they BBQ their food fresh daily. So make sure to order your BBQ early, because they might just sell out. All of the Jaded Toad’s favorite starters involve their mouth watering smoky, pulled pork. The pulled pork is featured on three of its starters including pulled pork sliders, pulled pork taquitos and pulled pork nachos.
The Jaded Toad offers a unique environment for Sonoma State students, it’s unlike many of the bars that are featured in the infamous “Cotati Crawl.” Manager of the Jaded Toad Alec Gregorich considers it “The Date Capital of Cotati,” because of the unique atmosphere and “Crafty Vibes.”
Look for the Jaded Toad in the Oliver’s Market shopping center off East Cotati Avenue. It’s hard to miss the big red Jaded Toad truck and fire pit sitting out front.

STAR // Shane Bickford