Seawolves SPEAK! “What would you like to see change on campus this year?”

exc-5baae5d4c83025f0e19fa9ae
exc-5baae5d4c83025f0e19fa9ae

With a new school year in full swing, there is room for improvement at Sonoma State University. While we attend an amazing school with many good qualities, there are always some things that could change for the better. The STAR asked a handful of students what they wanted to see change on campus this year and they had some thoughtful answers. 

We gathered students from different years and majors to see what they had to say. The answers ranged from issues like more available classes to better parking, then got more complex with the concern for our lack of diversity. It’s important that Sonoma State listens to student recommendations in order to make our school a better place for everyone.

“I think it’s really important that we have more programs for people of color.”-Mishelle Navarrette, Hutchins major,sophomore

“I think it’s really important that we have more programs for people of color.”

-Mishelle Navarrette, Hutchins major,sophomore

“I’m only a freshman so I haven’t been here long, but more student activities would be fun. I would love to see games in the plaza.”-Amish Patel, Undeclared, freshman

“I’m only a freshman so I haven’t been here long, but more student activities would be fun. I would love to see games in the plaza.”

-Amish Patel, Undeclared, freshman

“What I really want to see is more diversity, both in students and staff. There should also be more counseling available to students to ensure that they have resources for mental health.”-Blanca Fajardo-Cardenas, Early Childhood Development major, s…

“What I really want to see is more diversity, both in students and staff. There should also be more counseling available to students to ensure that they have resources for mental health.”

-Blanca Fajardo-Cardenas, Early Childhood Development major, senior

“I’d like to see more classes available, maybe different sections, so students have a better chance of getting into the classes they need, whether it be GE or for their major.”-Uriel Ruiz, Spanish major, sophomore

“I’d like to see more classes available, maybe different sections, so students have a better chance of getting into the classes they need, whether it be GE or for their major.”

-Uriel Ruiz, Spanish major, sophomore

“I’d like to see more available parking. It’s usually really difficult for me to find a spot when I have class, so it would be nice to have more spaces.”-Michaela Delcurto, Undeclared, junior

“I’d like to see more available parking. It’s usually really difficult for me to find a spot when I have class, so it would be nice to have more spaces.”

-Michaela Delcurto, Undeclared, junior

“I’d like to see people clean up better after themselves in the library so I can have a cleaner place to work.”-Jose Navarrete, Biochemistry major, senior

“I’d like to see people clean up better after themselves in the library so I can have a cleaner place to work.”

-Jose Navarrete, Biochemistry major, senior