Seawolf SPEAKS!: “How will you have a successful semester?”

exc-5c511ec721c67ca47882ebc3
exc-5c511ec721c67ca47882ebc3

As the new year begins here at Sonoma State University, were preparing for the new semester. A new year is full of opportunity and obstacles to overcome. Looking towards the bright future, many Seawolves come back to campus to take on the next set of goals. 

While the first week of school has come to a finish, the rest of the semester is still around the corner. By this time in the school year, many students have learned what they are up against and are preparing to overcome any sort of obstacle. A range of students, from freshmen to fifth years, have given some thought on how  conquer this spring semester.

Some students plan on staying focused and prepared by planning their days out and managing their time wisely. Others plan on going a step beyond organization and want to build professional relationships with their professors and get more assistance when needed. 

However, students aren’t the only ones with a plan. Many faculty members  have their own strategies as well. Many faculty and staff hope to make sure all students are able to get everything they need to have the best semester possible. 

Faculty, staff and students are determined to hit the ground running when the semester kicks into gear. Regardless of their role on campus, many believe the way to success is to not have it slip through their fingers, but chase after it so they can accomplish their goals.

“Make sure all the students get learning material in a timely fashion to set them up for a successful semester.”Steve Higgenbotham, Campus Bookstoremanager

“Make sure all the students get learning material in a timely fashion to set them up for a successful semester.”

Steve Higgenbotham, Campus Bookstore

manager

“Time management, staying on top of things.”Allie Hernandez, junior, Art studio major

“Time management, staying on top of things.”

Allie Hernandez, junior, Art studio major

“Having an agenda.”Felipe Remirez, senior, Global studies and Spanish major

“Having an agenda.”

Felipe Remirez, senior, Global studies and Spanish major

“Go to professor’s office hours, and write down homework assignments.”Madison Green, freshman, Political Science

“Go to professor’s office hours, and write down homework assignments.”

Madison Green, freshman, Political Science

“Preparing everything in advance.”David Mandoza, fifth year, Chicano/Latino and Spanish studies major

“Preparing everything in advance.”

David Mandoza, fifth year, Chicano/Latino and Spanish studies major

“Make sure that incoming students get the resources they need.”Colleen Mahoney, Orientation & Family Program coordinator

“Make sure that incoming students get the resources they need.”

Colleen Mahoney, Orientation & Family Program coordinator