Seawolves SPEAK!: “What is your favorite memory of Sonoma State University?”

exc-5cc8fc4815fcc002d2ea694c
exc-5cc8fc4815fcc002d2ea694c

With the spring semester coming to a close, many Sonoma State Univeristy students are preparing for their future as college graduates. 

With just three weeks left until graduation weekend, students look forward to their commencement, and many reflect upon their journey at Sonoma State. 

Regardless of their plans for after college, graduation weekend is a milestone for all students. Sonoma State graduates have left an impact on campus and will leave several memories on campus. Many future graduates hold fond and warm memories of their time at Sonoma State University. Some will remember the friends they’ve made, for others it’s the clubs they’ve joined or the life changing classes they’ve taken.

On Saturday, May 18, ceremonies begin at 9 a.m. First will be held for the School of Business and Economics, then the School of Science and Technology at 1 p.m., and finally the School of Arts and Humanities at 5 p.m. 

Ceremonies continue Sunday, May 19 as students from the School of Social Sciences and Education will cross the stage at the Green Music Center. Tickets have been distributed to graduates, however, attendees can find lots of outdoor seating on the Weill Hall lawn. 

“My favorite memory overall has been with all of the friends and all of the fun times we had together.”-Emily Juarez, Communications major

“My favorite memory overall has been with all of the friends and all of the fun times we had together.”

-Emily Juarez, Communications major

“Some of my favorite memories have been those living on campus and getting involved within the Greek life community while also being able to explore the wondrous world of the wine industry.”-Cameron Levin, Sociology major

“Some of my favorite memories have been those living on campus and getting involved within the Greek life community while also being able to explore the wondrous world of the wine industry.”

-Cameron Levin, Sociology major

“I guess my favorite memories at Sonoma would be learning so many interesting things in my psychology courses and being a student ambassador for the international office.”-Dani Sandland, Psychology and Spanish double major

“I guess my favorite memories at Sonoma would be learning so many interesting things in my psychology courses and being a student ambassador for the international office.”

-Dani Sandland, Psychology and Spanish double major

“I would say my favorite memory is being in Hawaii as a part of the men’s Tennis team.”-Noah Rosenthal, Psychology major

“I would say my favorite memory is being in Hawaii as a part of the men’s Tennis team.”

-Noah Rosenthal, Psychology major

“My favorite memories would be practices with the water polo club, labs in the kinesiology department, and adventures with my roomates who I’ve lived with since freshman year.”-Emily Beireis, Kinesiology major

“My favorite memories would be practices with the water polo club, labs in the kinesiology department, and adventures with my roomates who I’ve lived with since freshman year.”

-Emily Beireis, Kinesiology major

“I can’t say I have a favorite memory of Sonoma State but I will remember it well and with warmth. Day by day, it’s where I’ve been able to re-invent myself and develop into a better-educated person.”-Corey Jones, Psychology and Economics double maj…

“I can’t say I have a favorite memory of Sonoma State but I will remember it well and with warmth. Day by day, it’s where I’ve been able to re-invent myself and develop into a better-educated person.”

-Corey Jones, Psychology and Economics double major