Seawolves SPEAK! “What Are Your Academic Goals For The Semester?”

exc-5d6f1841977d290001c61df1
exc-5d6f1841977d290001c61df1

Sonoma State University has finally started its Fall semester. Although there are many returning students, there have been many new faces on campus from first year students, to transfer students. Getting the semester started with Seawolves that have begun their last fall semester of their undergraduate career.

In the blink of an eye, Sonoma State students are on their third week of school. The first couple of weeks of school consists of adjusting to a new schedule, reuniting with friends, and creating academic goals for the semester. Several students have set semester goals for themselves. Students are not only looking forward to the semester, but many are already making plans for their future careers. From finding internships, to beginning their graduate school research, and even looking forward to having perfect attendance in all their classes.

Some Seawolves are determined and excited to not only excel in their classes, but are ready to learn from their internships that will prepare them for their future careers, get outstanding grades, and even start looking into graduate programs. Some students want to take advantage of the resources that Sonoma State offers like the writing center, and plan on meeting with their professors. Others are determined on getting enough sleep because of how short their commute has become since moving closer to campus. 

Starting the year with a positive mindset, not only does it encourage them to start the year strong, but it sets expectations that are continuously being worked on throughout the semester. 

“My academic goal for the semester is to put more time to the semester and talk to professors more.”-Angelo Rodriguez, Senior, Economics major

“My academic goal for the semester is to put more time to the semester and talk to professors more.”

-Angelo Rodriguez, Senior, Economics major

“My academic goal this semester is to focus on my internship working at Lattice Educational Services to help gain more experience for my future career as a special needs teacher.”-Alicia Pimentel, Senior, Kinesiology major

“My academic goal this semester is to focus on my internship working at Lattice Educational Services to help gain more experience for my future career as a special needs teacher.”

-Alicia Pimentel, Senior, Kinesiology major

“My academic goals are to get good grades, not skip my classes and to keep myself motivated.”-Meghan Ross, Sophomore, Philosophy major

“My academic goals are to get good grades, not skip my classes and to keep myself motivated.”

-Meghan Ross, Sophomore, Philosophy major

“This year my academic goals are to maintain a three-point-five grade point average.”-Erick Maldonado, Junior, Electrical Engineering major

“This year my academic goals are to maintain a three-point-five grade point average.”

-Erick Maldonado, Junior, Electrical Engineering major

“A big way I will succeed this semester would be by getting good grades and engaging with the material rather than just reading it.-Isabel Epstela, Sophomore, Early Childhood Studiesmajor

“A big way I will succeed this semester would be by getting good grades and engaging with the material rather than just reading it.

-Isabel Epstela, Sophomore, Early Childhood Studies

major

“This semester I want to take control of my time management and keep a planner close to me so that I can stay organized.”-Myles Grabau, Sophomore, Communications major

“This semester I want to take control of my time management and keep a planner close to me so that I can stay organized.”

-Myles Grabau, Sophomore, Communications major