Strengthen your soul at the Spirituality Fair

exc-5d817e24db8d5b7b57d99fd7
exc-5d817e24db8d5b7b57d99fd7

Transitoing through life can be difficult, but having a spiritual hand as a guide can make it easier, and that’s where the Seawolf Spirituality Fair comes into play. On Sept. 18 at 11:30am-1:00pm, the Seawolf Plaza will be inviting students to coexist and feel comfortable with their beliefs. Join the fun and seek the range of opportunities this community has to offer.

“I am excited to bring this event back after 10 years, and be the beginning of other opportunities for the community to explore ways to find peace, comfort, friendship, and fellowship,” said Director of Student Involvement Mo Phillips.

Unknown-1 12.27.44 PM.jpeg

Open to all students, this occasion is provided to help guide those who seek to find a place to practice their beliefs and ideals, in a comfortable manner. This event wants people to build connections within spiritual wellness, with the help of spiritual clubs and organizations that are within our community. With 16 organizations and counting, these groups are excited to show students the opportunities they have to offer.

Organizations of all kinds will be tabling and sharing more information about what they are all about. These organizations range from places of worship, spiritual healing, and yoga, to even a new group forming on campus for people in recovery. However, it will mainly be for students to explore the opportunities that relate to spirituality around campus. Tables with crafts related to positivity and spirituality will also be at this event, to give students a chance to decompress in stress free activities.

“Embracing spiritual growth can leave students as caring, more globally aware, and more committed to social justice than previous generations, and becoming enabled to respond well to our society and finding the meaning throughout the hardships and stress,” said Phillips.

The Spirituality Fair wants to give students all the tools they need to benefit from spirituality wellness, and learn new opportunities they may have not known about at Sonoma State. Our community wants to provide students with organizations to connect to something bigger than ourselves, and have them bond on a common basis.

As stated on the Sonoma State website, research shows that finding a space where students can create a spiritual support network is vital, especially during times of transition. Spirituality is about someone’s relationship with the transcendent questions that confront one as a human, and this event wants students to find that connection as well as learn from others. This kind of support can benefit a person’s transition through life, by helping cope with situations in a more effective manner.

“Embracing spiritual wellness helps you gain connections and learn new things, which I think is very important for students to learn as they grow throughout their life,” said junior Tyler Chase.

This event can mean a few things to students, whether it’s finding a place of worship or fellowship that is faith based, finding programs for peace and comfort, or feeling grounded with people as a support system. It can also become a chance to gain new relationships, and embark on a new spiritual journey for the better. 

Experienced guides and mentors that will be there to answer any questions students may have during this fair, and a chance to get a perspective about what each organization entails. They will also have the chance to ask questions and learn about all the other organizations to help find a place that means the most to them spiritually. This will let students decide and begin to diverge in whichever spiritual pace they desire, with the help of The Spirituality Fair. 

Come learn, explore, and enjoy what this spirituality fair has to offer. Sonoma State wants to invite its students to join this fair, and see what opportunities are available on campus as well as within the community. Building networks and expanding spiritual ideology in an inviting manner is what this fair entails, and students will be welcome with opened arms. The Spirituality Fair is a safe place students can embrace a more holistic side.

“We all need a lift sometimes, and finding real connections and sharing experiences can bring that to folks,” said Phillips.