Come down to the drive-in movie night

exc-5da668e1d269d15bfc961c67
exc-5da668e1d269d15bfc961c67

Midterm season has been looming upon Sonoma State students and the stress is starting to kick in. Associated Students Productions (ASP)  is putting on a free drive-in movie night for all of the Seawolf community. On Oct. 20 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. a drive-in movie night will be taking place on campus. Students will only need their Sonoma State ID for entry. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 11.35.19 AM.png

The event will be taking place in parking lot F on Sonoma State’s campus.  Students are allowed to bring your car, blankets and chairs. The parking lot will be opening at 7 p.m.; Seawolfs have the opportunity to come and set up their cars in the parking lot or their chairs and blankets in the designated pedestrian area. 

Students do not have to have a car to attend the event. There will be a designated area where students without a car will be able to set up and enjoy the movie, Seawolves will be able to take advantage of the free food and concessions that will be provided by culinary services. 

The Seawolf Pride and Events Director for ASP, Mackenzie Patefield, said “Students can grab free concessions, provided by Culinary Services on campus. Concessions will include popcorn, candy,cookies, soda and hot chocolate or hot apple cider. ASP will be tabling at the event, giving away prizes and providing students with information on how to get involved with ASP.”

The drive-in movie night will be playing the movie, and 80’s classic, “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”. The movie is a teen comedy film about a high-school slacker who spends a day offfrom school. 

“We want  to reward students for getting through midterms, it allows students to experience an event that they may have never been to before. Drive in movies are uncommon today, so I wanted to bring an event to campus that many students may have never been exposed to before,” said Patefield. 

In the past, there haven’t been many drive-in movie events done on campus. There have been movie screenings in the lawns but drive-in movies haven’t been done where students will be able to enjoy the movie from the comfort of their cars and in the lounge area in which they can have this unique movie night experience. It is a great way to get out of the house and residential suites and enjoy a night out with friends and peers and de-stress from midterms. 

ASP offers a variety of fun and exciting activities for seawolves to attend and get involved with. They work hard to try to offer something for everyone’s different needs each semester. They are always working to improve the organization. 

“ASP wants to provide a fun, safe and free event for students. That is ASP’s goal in planning all of our events. For me specifically, my goal for this year, as a new event planner and member of ASP, is to bring brand new event ideas to campus. I love creating new ideas rather than recycling old ones. I plan on bringing many new and exciting ideas to campus next semester for the student body to enjoy,” said Patefield. 

This event has been promoted all throughout campus to be able to get a wide range of students to attend and have the opportunity to enjoy events like this drive-in movie night. 

“Please bring a SSU student ID for entry. I have been working very hard on this event alongside my peers and I am so excited for students to attend and make amazing memories.” said Patefield. 

If there are any events that you would like to see on campus you can reach out to [email protected] or check out the ASP office on the second floor of the student center. It is always a good day to be a Seawolf.