Check out Saturday DIY Project Night

exc-5e260f55a29f9d6b4e509ae9
exc-5e260f55a29f9d6b4e509ae9

Looking for something to do on a Saturday night? Look no further than right outside of the Sonoma State University dorms. Student Involvement and the Residential Assistants of Sonoma State University invite students of all ages to come out to Saturday DIY Project Night. 

The Saturday DIY Project Nights are free and open to all Sonoma State University students. The location of the event switches off between the Vineyard Room in Zinfandel Village, the Barrel Room in Sauvignon Village and the Casentino Room in Tuscany Village. Each Saturday the event goes from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and is hosted by two of the sixty Sonoma State University Residential Assistants. 

“The last two years we’ve tried to have craft nights on Saturdays and we have a rotating schedule for those days. RAs can pick if they want those weekends. We host the programs and Student Involvement partner with us” said senior Residential Assistant Kora Manzano-Lopez.

The crafts of the week range from a wide variety of different activities. Crafts such as canvas painting, headband building, mug decorating, and memory creating are all examples of past projects.

“The RAs that host that week are the ones who choose the craft of that week. When I hosted we did a mug decorating night which was a great success” said Sonoma State and Residential Assistant Alumni Shane Gunari.

The events are put on as a way to create a neighborly feel throughout Sonoma State University’s campus villages. Student Involvement and the Residential Assistants try to switch the locations of the events for full campus involvement. It is a great way to get students to meet fellow students around them. 

“The times we host the event in the lower classman dorms we have the best turn out. A lot of the students come out with their roommates and you can see people mingling and getting to know their neighbors” said Gunari. “The events are open to all Sonoma State students but our main outreach is to the on campus students since it is right outside their doors.”

If students are interested in checking out Saturday DIY Project Night, there will be one Nov. 16 in the Casentino Room in Tuscany Village at 7 p.m.. The project itself will be chosen and provided to you by the two Residential Assistants who will be running it. 

The Saturday DIY Project Night is set for the upcoming Saturdays this semester. Be sure to check with the Residential Assistants or on Seawolf Living for more opportunities to get involved.