Buy a Blendid Smoothie

Sonoma State University strives to bring innovative products to campus for its students’ convenience. Recently, Sonoma State brought the Blendid smoothie robot to Charlie Browns Café. The smoothie robot should be ready for students to use Nov. 15. 

According to Blendid’s  website, their mission is to create healthy and delicious food created with culinary excellence, delivered with precision and consistency, to anyone, anywhere, anytime. 

“Sonoma State is the first public college to have a Blendid Machine” said Business Development Director Shawn LaPean. 

Students now have the opportunity to order their smoothie ahead of time and pick it up before or after class without having to wait in line. By downloading the Blendid app on their smartphone, students can choose the blend, customize it, and pay from the app. There are many flavors to choose from like ModernLassi which is a mango smoothie, StrawberryDream smoothie, GreenWarrior smoothie that has kale and blueberries, BlueberryCacao which has blueberries and cacao among many more. 

Seawolves still have the opportunity to pay at the register with cash or card and just pick up their smoothie when it’s ready. There will be Blendid ambassadors whom are students that are there to help their peers order their smoothie and with whatever questions they may have about the smoothie or the experience while ordering. 

“It is important to us that we serve students and help with the speed of culinary services, so that students can get to their studies. We strive to meet their needs,” said Director of University Culinary Services Nancy Keller. 

The Blendid smoothie robot makes sure all of the nutrients you need are present while preparing the smoothie without letting the nutrients get lost when you customize it and make it your own.Although the portions of these smoothies might be smaller, they are a healthier option for students. 

“It’s a healthier project, portions might be smaller but only because it’s a portion for a healthy wellness. You get what your body needs,” said Keller. 

Charlie Browns is a popular café on campus, students can relax in between classes and it is a unique environment where you find many students getting homework done, taking a break, meeting with friends, and more. 

“This is one of the coolest things Sonoma State could has done for their students. It makes me think of us as a futuristic school that is working on bettering the experience for students. I can’t wait to see the robot pour my smoothie,” said senior Leslie Padilla.

If anyone has been to Charlie Brown Café, they know the lines can get long and sometimes students don’t have time to order because of the time crunch that they are in. This Blendid smoothie robot will help with the duration of the line and students will be able to make it to class and work with a delicious smoothie. 

“What I am most excited about this smoothie robot is how innovative and fun it is. The smoothies here are my favorite, but sometimes I don’t have time to stand in line and wait for my smoothie because of the time crunch that I am in and im excited to be able to order the smoothie and pick it up after class and quickly head to my next class,” said senior Karen Meraz.

Sonoma State Culinary Services want to work on enhancing the Seawolf experience and looking after students needs to enhance their learning environment. 

“Right now we are looking at the Stevenson renovations and the relationship of what should be where. If students embrace the Blendid Smoothie Robot, we will move from there. This is a great opportunity to test the market,” said Keller.

Check out the Blendid Smoothie Robot in the Charlie Browns Cafe that is located on the lower level of the Library. Download the app ahead of time to have the opportunity to use the smoothie robot and experience a whole new smoothie world.