Seawolves Speak: How did you spend your winter break?

exc-601a504c6238c21c01ed9423
exc-601a504c6238c21c01ed9423

Winter break normally allows students to go back home to spend time with their friends and loved ones, but 2020 has came with a number of changes. Nearly all students were already home throughout the entire fall 2020 semester due to stay-at-home orders, but winter break gave students a much needed break from classes over Zoom.

Christmas and New Years are usually spent with as many friends and family as one can fit in their house, but COVID-19 has forced them to spend these holidays in their own ‘bubble’. While this year has definitely been one for the history books, our students remain positive about their future and made the best of their time off of online classes.

Dining out and going to crowded events is still a little uncertain in our near future. Luckily, we are still allowed to stay home, get comfortable on the couch, drink hot chocolate and watch some holiday movies. Students were forced to get creative during their first winter break spent strictly at home, and they definitely weren’t short of ideas this year! We can only hope that next year will give us some time to follow through with our original plans to spend time with close friends. family.

“I spent my winter break mostly working and flying out of the Novato airport. I made some great progress towards my pilot’s license and I’m on track to get my pilot license in the spring or early summer!- Dash Phillips, Junior, History major

“I spent my winter break mostly working and flying out of the Novato airport. I made some great progress towards my pilot’s license and I’m on track to get my pilot license in the spring or early summer!

– Dash Phillips, Junior, History major

“I spent my winter break updating my resume, portfolio, cover letter and references page. Additionally, I started working on my own website that could be used to apply for future jobs.”-Cheri-Ann Inouye, Senior, Business Admin. major

“I spent my winter break updating my resume, portfolio, cover letter and references page. Additionally, I started working on my own website that could be used to apply for future jobs.”

-Cheri-Ann Inouye, Senior, Business Admin. major

“I moved to San Clemente while also working at my job, and I had minimal hours due to COVID. I was mainly getting used to the move while making new friends and spending some time with my girlfriend!”-Jackson Rice, Freshman, Business Admin. major

“I moved to San Clemente while also working at my job, and I had minimal hours due to COVID. I was mainly getting used to the move while making new friends and spending some time with my girlfriend!”

-Jackson Rice, Freshman, Business Admin. major

“Over winter break, I spent a lot of time working and grinding mobile games. Specifically, I played a lot of Clash of Clans and Yugioh Duel Links in my free time.”-Lucas Bernal, Sophomore, Psychology major

“Over winter break, I spent a lot of time working and grinding mobile games. Specifically, I played a lot of Clash of Clans and Yugioh Duel Links in my free time.”

-Lucas Bernal, Sophomore, Psychology major

“Over winter break, I prioritized my self-care by going on walks, drinking lots of hot chocolate and binging shows on Netflix.”-Isabel Epstein, Junior, Early Childhood and Development major

“Over winter break, I prioritized my self-care by going on walks, drinking lots of hot chocolate and binging shows on Netflix.”

-Isabel Epstein, Junior, Early Childhood and Development major