Scholarships available through Associated Students

exc-6023362ae5fb9c42aa069517
exc-6023362ae5fb9c42aa069517

If you have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, you may be eligible for 1 of 20 $500 scholarships! Associated Students of Sonoma State University will be giving out 20 available $500 scholarships to all students. Applications are open now with a deadline on March 5th, 2021. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to be eligible for scholarships. Seawolves can apply for scholarships on the Engage@SSU website.

Associated Students (AS) is a student run program that provides services and programs to ease and enhance the lives of students. They are the official student body organization and student run corporation at Sonoma. The Associated Students program also annually offers community service opportunities and co-curricular activities through Join Us Making Progress (JUMP) and Associated Student Productions (ASP). According to the AS page on sonoma.edu, “AS provides funding resources to chartered student clubs and organizations, club accounting services, short-term loans and transitional housing for students of Sonoma State University. ”

Sonoma State Associated Students have opened up an opportunity for students to receive one of 20 $500 scholarships the program has got together. Applications have recently been opened for all SSU students until the March 5th deadline. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to be eligible for scholarships. Students can apply for scholarships on the Engage@SSU website. If students have questions or need information, email Student Government Coordinator Libia Marquez Castro at [email protected].

After the applications are turned in and processed, Associated Students committee will meet in March to review applications, and they will then announce the scholarship award winners in April. According to Associated Students Executive Director Erik Dickson, eligible students should be interested in applying to scholarships because “one of the biggest concerns of students from every campus is the cost of education and the growth of student debt. Scholarships are a way to help finance education and avoid debt through loans.”

Every Sonoma State Student has a different background and financial status, and scholarships can give students the financial boost that they need to help take the burden of debt off their shoulders. The biggest concern on college campuses throughout the country is the cost of education and the growing debt students are left with after college. Scholarships are a great way to help finance the education you’re receiving. Students are able to focus more on school work rather than stress with the help of scholarships, it can ease the stress of payments students are having to come up with during the pandemic. With the help of scholarships, Seawolves can get the full access and benefits education has to offer, while getting help throughout every step of your academic journey. Scholarships like this one give students the opportunity to network around campus, making valuable connections that can help later in life. On top of these connections, scholarships are a nice addition to resumes to show potential employers your academic drive. If all of this isn’t attractive enough, there’s also a chance to earn $500 toward your studies for the 2021-2022 school year.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Sonoma State Associated Students have transitioned to online and will only be taking applications online through email. Students are working remotely in almost all departments on campus. Email is the best way to contact Sonoma State Associated Students and staff for questions or concerns. Students can also visit the SSU COVID-19 site for more information on the pandemic and how Sonoma State is working around it.

144479343_1114599229367800_3580565282637037464_n.jpg