Seawolves Speak: If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?

exc-606c018aafaa4e76e2675d33
exc-606c018aafaa4e76e2675d33

Since the pandemic has started, travel plans have been cancelled, festivals have been moved, and families and friends have been forced to distance themselves. With vaccines coming out and businesses starting to open up, traveling seems like a possibility again. Usually during March, Sonoma State students are planning their Spring Break activities, like traveling to Cabo or many other locations across the country, or going to music festivals like Coachella, Outside Lands, or Bottleneck. With spring break just behind us, many students refrained from traveling and stayed local for this break. The weather heated up in Rohnert Park and some students cooled off in pools, and even in places like the Russian River in Sonoma County.

Since things are starting to open up in different cities, it looks like traveling could be a possibility this year. Music festivals, as well as other events are scheduled to return later in 2021. Even Barrel Tasting, a popular Sonoma State rite of passage, has been postponed until March 2022. According to the Wine Road website with information on the event, “the magic of Barrel Tasting is to get into the cellar and taste wines directly from the barrels. With the current Covid restrictions in place, we would not be able to invite you inside the cellars…we would lose the magic.” Fortunately, they are hosting a new event called “Member May” from May 24-31, where you will get to experience being a wine club member for the day at participating wineries.

Students have had to be more creative and open to new activities to keep them busy with all of the changing restrictions on businesses and activities. With more people getting vaccinated, cities beginning to open up, and music festivals to look forward to, students are eager to travel and explore new things.

“I would go to Ireland because I want to see the castles.”-Tea Mueller, Senior, Business Major

“I would go to Ireland because I want to see the castles.”

-Tea Mueller, Senior, Business Major

“I would take a trip to Europe and explore Portugal, Greece, Italy, Spain, and France.”-Amanda Salvador, Junior, Communications and Media Studies Major

“I would take a trip to Europe and explore Portugal, Greece, Italy, Spain, and France.”

-Amanda Salvador, Junior, Communications and Media Studies Major

“I would visit England because I have never been to Europe and my dad grew up there. I am also a diehard Chelsea fan and would love to go see a game.”-Ryan Keene, Junior, Psychology Major

“I would visit England because I have never been to Europe and my dad grew up there. I am also a diehard Chelsea fan and would love to go see a game.”

-Ryan Keene, Junior, Psychology Major

“If I could travel anywhere right now, I would go to Italy or France. I’d really like to understand their culture and try new foods and drinks.”-Juan Curiel, Senior, Anthropology Major

“If I could travel anywhere right now, I would go to Italy or France. I’d really like to understand their culture and try new foods and drinks.”

-Juan Curiel, Senior, Anthropology Major

“If I could go anywhere right now I would go to either Costa Rica, Cancun, or Portugal!”-Armando Santos, Sophomore, Business Major

“If I could go anywhere right now I would go to either Costa Rica, Cancun, or Portugal!”

-Armando Santos, Sophomore, Business Major

“I would go to New Zealand and go to a rave, because I really wanted to go to festivals when COVID was happening.”-Nadia Quijano, Freshman, Early Childhood Studies Major

“I would go to New Zealand and go to a rave, because I really wanted to go to festivals when COVID was happening.”

-Nadia Quijano, Freshman, Early Childhood Studies Major