Seawolves Speak: What are some of your favorite weekend activities?

exc-608894c248cde41e5731fc91
exc-608894c248cde41e5731fc91

Sonoma County is filled with fun activities to keep students busy, and with classes being online, students have a lot more free time on their hands. In the surrounding cities, there is something fun for everyone, like gorgeous hiking trails, many delicious restaurants, farmer’s markets, and mini golf, to name a few. For students that are 21 and over, bars in Cotati like 8 Ball and Spancky’s are open for business. For students that are under 21, Scandia Family Fun Center is a ten-minute drive from the school, complete with fun activities for students of all ages. Scandia is a mini amusement park with mini golf, go-kart riding, batting cages, and even an arcade.

The Sonoma State Recreational Center has also recently opened at limited capacity for students to go and workout. Since the building has been closed for a while, students have been going outdoors to get their exercise at local hiking spots, and even the track at the school.

Taylor Mountain, one of the closer hiking trails to the school, has some of the most breathtaking views on the trails and it is one of the local favorite spots to picnic and hike. One entrance to the trails is off of Petaluma Hill Road, and students can start the trek up the mountain and choose which trail to conquer. On the hike, take in the panoramic views of Sonoma County!

Since the pandemic has started, businesses like Friar Tuck’s Pub have unfortunately shut down. However, that hasn’t stopped students from doing the “Cotati Crawl”, which has always been a rite of passage for students to complete before they graduate, hitting all of the bars in Cotati.

With Sonoma County being in the orange tier, more activities are opening up for students to keep busy on the weekends like wineries, aquariums, gyms, and much, much more.

“Right now, there’s not a ton to do because of COVID, so I usually like to drive around with friends and listen to music or go stargazing.”-Aisha Mendoca, Freshman, Undeclared

“Right now, there’s not a ton to do because of COVID, so I usually like to drive around with friends and listen to music or go stargazing.”

-Aisha Mendoca, Freshman, Undeclared

“I like to go fishing with my friends around the area when the weather permits it, and I also like hiking at a lot of the same places.”-Biij Soltani, Junior, Philosophy major

“I like to go fishing with my friends around the area when the weather permits it, and I also like hiking at a lot of the same places.”

-Biij Soltani, Junior, Philosophy major

“Some of my favorite things to do on the weekends are outdoor activities like swimming or hiking, hanging out with friends and trying new spots to eat.”-Nicky Martinez, Senior, Business Marketing major

“Some of my favorite things to do on the weekends are outdoor activities like swimming or hiking, hanging out with friends and trying new spots to eat.”

-Nicky Martinez, Senior, Business Marketing major

“I love going to the dog park and going out to eat with my friends and family on the weekends!”-Gianna Ariente, Junior, Early Childhood Studies major

“I love going to the dog park and going out to eat with my friends and family on the weekends!”

-Gianna Ariente, Junior, Early Childhood Studies major

“On the weekends I enjoy finding and trying out new restaurants, exploring new places to hike or run and making new memories with friends”-Wendy Hendricks, Senior, English major

“On the weekends I enjoy finding and trying out new restaurants, exploring new places to hike or run and making new memories with friends”

-Wendy Hendricks, Senior, English major

“On weekends I typically like to try and go outside and spend time with my friends. Pool days, basketball, or fishing are all things I love to do in my free time.”-Danny Olsen, Sophomore, Pre-Business major

“On weekends I typically like to try and go outside and spend time with my friends. Pool days, basketball, or fishing are all things I love to do in my free time.”

-Danny Olsen, Sophomore, Pre-Business major