W&B opens up for craft and trivia nights

exc-615d074ebdc7eb1c2a032639
exc-615d074ebdc7eb1c2a032639

This past week, Weyden and Brewster’s hosted two events: “Friday Night Live presents: Trivia Night” and “DIY Craft of the Week”. While Weyden and Brewster’s is still undergoing slight renovations, Associated Students and Student Involvement are able to host these weekly events in W&B while they are “out of commission” for the Fall 2021 semester. While the popular on-campus eatery won’t be serving food due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Sonoma State wants to make sure that all students are able to put their on-campus resources to use.

Every Saturday at 7:00 p.m., Student Involvement and Associated Students will be hosting different types of creative events for Seawolves to enjoy at W&B. This past week’s “craft night” consisted of creating coasters, and next week will be crayon art, and it’s safe to say that it will be a fun Saturday night well spent. This past Friday, Associated Students presented a music themed trivia night, a round-based Kahoot! game was played, in which first, second, and third place would all win points. At the end of the game, winners received their choice of Sonoma State apparel such as beanies or long sleeved shirts.

When asked about what students can expect for the near future, Weyden and Brewster’s stated that, “we have a standing reservation every Friday and Saturday night that we can use the space as we please, but we are required to enforce mask wearing and see a green “All Clear” screen from everyone who walks in.” As is our new normal, mask wearing and health safety is rigorously enforced and is our top priority at every event hosted on campus. 

The trivia night was a fun and exciting reason to go and get out of the house and spend time with members of Associated Students and other Seawolves. There was a ton of variety in the trivia questions, with some involving listening to a few seconds of a song and guessing where it comes from, to looking at baby pictures of an artist and guessing who the artist actually is. On top of these celebrity-themed trivia questions, there were tons of music/artist themed trivia questions such as, “who is Elton John’s children’s godmother?” and others. 

With the DIY craft night, an event that’s hopefully going to be hosted every Saturday, students were able to create coasters and had access to paint, paintbrushes, paint pens, and various styles of coasters to choose from. According to one student, “It’s a really fun event and allows your creativity to flow and helps relieve any stressors from the past week. I would definitely recommend this event to anyone looking to flex their creative muscles and mingle with other students.” The event started at 7 p.m. and ran until 8 p.m. where students could use any tool provided to create their perfect coaster and take it home with them once the night was over.

Coming up this week, Weyden and Brewsters is hosting a crayon art night on Saturday at 7 p.m. crafts are provided in full so bring your friends and let your creative juices flow! Every Saturday is a new DIY craft which can range from creating a terrarium, painting a mug, or even carving pumpkins around halloween time. No matter what, you’re bound to have a good time designing, crafting, or shaping the many different crafts available every Saturday from 7 to 8 p.m.