Seawolves SPEAK!: “What are your plans over spring break?”

exc-62303afa711bf01e8cbc4d9e
exc-62303afa711bf01e8cbc4d9e

When the cherry blossoms start to bloom outside the Green Music Center, all Seawolves know that spring has sprung! With spring just around the corner, students are getting more and more excited about their plans for spring break, and getting much needed relaxation time before their last couple months of the semester. 

For many students, this is their first spring break post-pandemic and big plans are in order. Events like the LVIN trip to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico draw a big crowd of Sonoma State students, and are back up and running this spring break. The event features premier hotels, experiences, and concerts to students who attend and get tickets through the event. According to their website, the headlining artists on March 23 include Snakehips and MK. 

However, other students may opt to spend time relaxing at home with family and friends. Although COVID-19 restrictions are lifted in Sonoma County and across the country, some people are still trying to be as “COVID-conscious” and careful as possible. Students who are looking to stay in Rohnert Park for spring break are more than welcome to. The Residential Education and Campus Housing website page states that, “most university offices will have normal business hours. On-campus housing will remain open and available.” 

This is also a great opportunity for students to explore their home and the surrounding Sonoma County area. Great day-trip destinations include Bodega Bay, San Francisco, and Napa. SonomaCounty.com is a good site to refer to for fun events and inspiration for places to visit. On March 23, the Sonoma International Film Festival will be held in the city of Sonoma. Another highly anticipated event is the Pliny the Younger release at Russian River Brewing Company on March 25 at 11 a.m. The Russian River Brewing Company is a world-renowned brewery and customers wait in line for hours just to get their hands on this yearly limited release.

All Seawolves are equally excited for Spring break, whether that includes traveling for a big vacation or simply taking time to relax with the people they love.

“I’ve been putting a lot of effort into my academics so I plan on taking some time for myself.”

– Joaquin Diaz, Computer Science major

“I’m going back home to Sacramento so I can see my family.”

– Emma Towardosz, Freshman, Art major

“I’m going to be taking a trip to Boston. When I come back, I plan on regrouping and spending some time with family.”

-Sean Lopez, Senior, Philosophy major

“I’m just going home to spend time with my best friend.”

– Madison Hernandez, Junior, Sociology major

“I’m going to Dillion Beach to spend some time with my family for a few days.”

– Nick Cross, Freshman, History major

“I’m going to Disneyland with my girlfriend. I’m really excited to experience this with her.”

– Juan Garcia Vega, Junior, Physics major