Rock out with Night Train: Tunes @ Noon

exc-627b29d03a7b030a6c16e263
exc-627b29d03a7b030a6c16e263

As a way to help students relax between classes before finals week, Associated Students Productions (ASP) presents Tunes At Noon. This event takes place this Thursday from 12-1 p.m. in the Seawolf Plaza with performances from the San Francisco based cover band, Night Train.

Night Train is the Bay Area’s “most rocking dance party band,” as they state on their website. Their ability to connect with the crowd and put on an amazing show is unmatched.

Night Train is comprised of four individuals with Ashton Chevallier on guitar and vocals, Michael Young as lead guitarist, Travis Morgan on bass and vocals, Drew Yurkov on the drums and lead vocals by Nikki Milliner.

Night Train is looking forward to bringing their contagious energy to campus. 

“We could not be more stoked to rock out on the SSU campus. Night Train are big believers in the power of rock and roll to bring people together – there’s virtually no problem that can’t be solved with big, loud guitars.” the band stated. “From 80’s metal to 90’s alternative and grunging up some modern rock slammers, we’ll bring a little something for everybody who has a head to bang. All you need to bring is some dancing shoes.” 

The type of entertainment that Night Train is able to bring to their performance is what Sonoma State students need to take a much needed break before finals and to take their minds off the many controversies that surround the campus.

“I think this is going to be a nice break from our current situation and will allow students to look forward to something fun and exciting too, especially with the end of the year coming closer it will be a nice stress reliever from the craziness of finals,” said a third year student, who wishes to remain anonymous. 

Not only do they play songs from the 80’s and 90’s, Night Train takes it back to the 70’s with hits like Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin and Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. They perform all kinds of popular dance songs from the last 40 years including songs from Michael Jackson, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, ensuring that there’s something for everybody to rock out to. Students can look forward to hearing songs like Jesse’s Girl, Hit Me Baby One More Time, Get Lucky and Pokerface to name a few.  

With no admission required, all students are welcome and are encouraged to bring their lunch to the Seawolf Plaza and rock out to some music with Night Train.

COURTESY // as.sonoma.edu

Come out to Seawolf Plaza on May 12 to hear lives music from cover band, Night Train.