Seawolves bowl the night away

STAR // Zachary Gonzales

Spirited Seawolves happy to be attending a free bowling night.

Sonoma students had a blast as they gathered together for free bowling at Double Decker Lanes. On Oct. 6 from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m. students gathered to show their bowling skills and socialize with their friends. The theme of this event was ‘Noma Nation’ so everyone made sure to have on their favorite SSU gear.

As college students gathered at the bowling alley, long lines flooded the front doors. Sonoma State’s free bowling events encourage all students to gather together and bond with one another. Associated Students Productions is the host of the event and helps provide student funding for clubs, organizations, accounting services in clubs and transitional housing for students of Sonoma State University. In order to enter the event, Sonoma’s students bring their identification and match the theme of the night. Every first Thursday of each month is when this event occurs and there is always a theme. 

Double Decker Lanes has many other fun activities to do that dont even involve bowling. The bowling alley has a small arcade area with a car racing game, claw machines and many other games with opportunities to win fun prizes. Even adults in the arcade are able to enjoy their evening by playing pool or winning tickets to earn prizes. 

Students at Double Decker Lanes were excited about free bowling explaining how they look forward to these events when they come. In an interview with the STAR, one bowler, Donnelle Irvin said,“I love going bowing, even though I’m not that good at it. It’s just fun to go and hang out with my friends plus the energy and environment there is nice too.” 

This event gives students an opportunity to step off campus and out of their comfort zone to find new ways to meet new people. 

Sonoma state student, Cielo Gonzalez said,“It’s a great way to get involved in the SSU community, meeting new friends and being a part of a fun atmosphere.” 

College students are able to incorporate fun outside of their school life with these extracurricular activities. ASP holding entertaining events that are available to students outside of school helps them stay inspired and motivated throughout their years on campus. 

Gonzalez continued,“It gives us a balance of having a productive academic life as well as that social aspect into our college experience.” 

ASP puts together themes of the month for chances to win fun prizes. The students of SSU are very enthusiastic about matching the theme and knowing all about it before entry. Everyone at the alley seemed to go all out with the ‘Noma Nation’ theme, but will students continue their enthusiasm with the upcoming themes? The next event occurs on the first Thursday of November with the theme being Country and following that is the first Thursday of December with an Ugly Sweater theme. ASP also has many other events that help students get involved and gives them the opportunity to explore outside of campus grounds. Find out more information at involve.sonoma.edu.