K&L Bistro: Restaurant Review

exc-5d8ac35cd785934fcc0f29fa
exc-5d8ac35cd785934fcc0f29fa

K&L Bistro is a well known neighborhood Parisian-style restaurant that offers gourmet French cuisine in an intimate, sophisticated venue located in neighboring Sebastopol, California at 119 S Main St. Owners Lucas and Karen Martin have made their restaurant into a fine dining space where customers can enjoy their meal and cocktails: whether it be dining inside, outside, or at the full bar in between. 

The open kitchen that the two owners provide is also a great way for customers to see what is going on while the cooks actively prepare their meal; it provides for a very engaging and open space that customers tend to enjoy. Couples love going on a nice dinner date to the bistro, as it can serve as very intimate and romantic; or, simply going for lunch is a popular initiative all the while, as the bistro is also a hot spot during the day. The bistro offers its regular menu everyday, as well as brunch on Saturday and Sunday; its menu consists of extraordinary and delicious items such as the K&L Cobb salad, Chicken Picatta, Local Petrale Sole, Mac & Cheese, Halibut and a classic cheeseburger, among others.  

KANDL1.jpg

A supplementary dish the two owners are very well known for is their French Onion Soup, which is purported to be one of the best in the county. Happy Hour is everyday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. to 11 p.m., which includes $1.50 oysters, $4 draft beer, and $5 wine by the glass. The oysters that K&L Bistro provides are extremely popular as customers tend to rave about them for such a great happy hour price. 

One customer, Scott Remillard, who has been going to K&L Bistro for years, says, “these are phenomenal craft cocktails by Mia Hensley; extraordinary service and friendly staff. The Chicken Picatta is over the top. They have a great happy hour with $1.50 oysters.” Another regular customer, Scott Jones, says, “Great ambience. Friendly people. The chef cooks the best steaks over the open wood fire.” 

Chef Humberto Mendez outlines what his favorite dishes are, too, as he says, “the Halibut is really good as well as the rib eye steak and Petrale Sole, in all honesty.” 

Customers looking for a delicious and elegant restaurant to dine at with an array of entrees and wonderful cocktails–with an under-the-radar happy hour to boot–should definitely check out K&L Bistro in the neighboring city of Sebastopol, open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.