iHeartRadio’s 10 anniversary virtual mega concert

exc-5f6125f87338f50a58ea0b0a
exc-5f6125f87338f50a58ea0b0a

While concerts are currently a no-go, production companies are struggling to find ways to garner support for popular musicians. Every September, iHeartRadio has a yearly festival that they host and it often features a variety of different artists with music from every genre. This year, however, it has become more and more difficult to host a large festival due to COVID-19. 

iHeartradio awards logo - wikimedia commons.jpg

However, iHeartRadio has found a great way to bring music fans and artists together once again during this time for this weekend’s upcoming festival. 

“It’s hard to believe that this September will be the 10th iHeartRadio Music Festival,” said iHeartMedia chief programming officer Tom Poleman. 

“More than 200 superstar artists have made our iHeartRadio Music Festival the biggest in the world, and this year’s lineup, even amidst a global pandemic, will be one for the history books,” Poleman continued.

With the 10th anniversary of iHeartRadio’s Music Festival coming up, they insisted on making changes to the event in order to make sure that the show would still go on.

iHeartRadio has found the perfect loophole to give artists the recognition that they deserve during this time, all the while keeping attendees safe from contracting any harmful diseases. Dubbed a “virtual mega-concert”, the 2020 iHeartRadio Music Festival will be a two-day event held remotely, complete with full performances and intimate backstage interviews with artists on how the pandemic has affected their life, career, and families.

Hosted by Ryan Seacrest, the virtual concert will take place on Sep. 18 and 19, and will feature performances from popular artists such as BTS, Coldplay and Kane Brown. Other artists will be appearing as special guests, like Migos, Khalid, Miley Cyrus, Usher and quite a few more.

Also included in this one-of-a-kind experience is the opportunity for fans to enjoy virtual meet and greets with their favorite artists, in an effort to emphasize the connection between fans and their favorite artists. This is a great idea for a VIP experience, because it makes fans feel special while they are able to enjoy the music that they love. 

Performances that will be broadcast are filmed in Los Angeles and Nashville, live on stage, and the performers will be in front of a virtual “fan wall” of nationwide listeners. This is very similar to how football stadiums have been filled recently, with “VIP” fans being able to have their faces broadcast via Zoom while the games take place. 

This trend seems to be the new normal with big events like concerts and sports games, and it makes one wonder if this will last forever. Will Coachella and other big music festivals be virtual from here on out, or is this only a temporary speed bump in the world of entertainment? Fans can watch the festival live on The CW App, as well as CWTV.com on Sept. 18 and 19 starting at 6 p.m. PST and enjoy what this concert has to offer. 

If you missed it this weekend, then you are welcome to tune in to a two-night “Festival Highlights” special on Sept. 27 and 28 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. PST. This festival will also be broadcast nationwide on iHeartMedia radio stations, alongside the iHeartRadio app to make it easily accessible for those to engage and listen while staying at home and practicing social distance.