Cruisin’ North Car Show comes to Bear Republic

exc-5f7e78f3c4506625bb4f8250
exc-5f7e78f3c4506625bb4f8250

Since 1987, Cruisin’ North has been hosting car shows to show off some of the incredible American cars that have aged like fine wines. The goal of the Cruisin’ North car club is to share the history of classic American cars with families in the area that have never had the opportunity to see these classic vehicles in person.

Bear Republic - Instagram.png

There are many car shows going on in the near future, and each of them bring an opportunity to take a closer look at some exciting pieces of American history. The United States has a well-documented history of holding car shows across the country, and Sonoma County is certainly no exception to this long-lived spectacle.

The first event is the The Cruisin’ Bear Republic Car show, which takes place Oct. 11 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. The event is being held at the Bear Republic Brewery located at 5000 Robert Lakes Rd. in Rohnert Park. Attendees can expect to see some exciting vintage American cars and hot rods.

The event is for people of all ages, and admission to see the car show is entirely free. There is food available at the event too. Anyone attending can get a burger, an order of fries, and a Bear Republic house ale for $14. If you bring a car to show off for the event, you get a $4 discount to the order, bringing the total to just $10. The bear Republic Brewery is also open for anyone that wants to order from the full menu.

There are a total of 54 parking spots available at the event, so almost everyone attending should have no trouble finding a place to park their car. If need be, there is overflow parking just across the street from the brewery, with plenty of spots for all attendees.

Cruisin’ North is also holding another car show, which they’re calling the Third Annual Cruisin’ North Car Show for a Cause. The show will be taking place Oct. 17, from 10 a.m until 4 p.m at the Plaza North shopping center in Petaluma. The proceeds generated from the car show will go towards the Alzheimer’s Association.

The event is for anyone and everyone, and guests of all ages are invited to come and join in on the fun. There will be vendors at the event selling memorabilia and snacks, so everyone has the chance to leave with a souvenir. This car show will have a raffle that all are invited to enter, and attendees are invited to make donations at the event that will go towards finding a cure for Alzheimer’s disease. Masks and social distancing are required at all times at this event.

Car shows can be a great way to learn about an important aspect of American history. It is sometimes an overlooked part of our culture, but people have been driving American cars for more than a century. Cruisin’ North gives everyone the chance to look at an important piece of American history, and attendees of the Cruisin’ North Car Show for a Cause can feel content knowing that they are contributing to a good cause around their community.