Apple announces Billie Eilish documentary, ‘The World’s A Little Blurry’

exc-5f7e7961fc0c805506319e73
exc-5f7e7961fc0c805506319e73

Unless someone has been living under a rock for the last couple of years, the name Billie Eilish has been heard. The 18-year-old Grammy award-winning pop star has taken the world by storm with her soft voice that captivated the music industry. Now the talented teenage music icon is moving to the silver screen with her new documentary titled Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry, coming to both Apple Music and theaters next February. 

Billie Eilish - crommelincklar:CreativeCommons.jpg

The film is directed by R.J Cutler, who has also worked on films such as “Belushi” and “The September Issue.” This documentary is coming off a huge year for Eilish as she capped off her 2019 with a giant $25 million-dollar documentary deal with Apple’s streaming service as well as being named Billboard’s 2019 Woman of the Year, a coveted award for women everywhere. Eilish also became the first woman to win all four major awards at the Grammys, including Album of The Year, Song of the Year, Best New Artist, and Record of the Year, as well as taking home Best Pop Vocal Album for her debut album “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” 

Eilish also made the opening song for the new James Bond movie titled “No Time to Die,” a huge honor for Billie. “It feels crazy to be a part of this in every way”, said Eilish. She went on saying, “To be able to score the theme song to a film that is a part of such a legendary series is a huge honor.”

Now Billie is taking on the movie industry with her new documentary of her life through her record-breaking years. The documentary team have been filming Eilish since 2018, so there is a lot to see including her award season sweep and one of the biggest world tours of the last decade. However, the Grammy winning artist claims to have not seen the final product. 

Eilish said in an interview, “I’m terrified. I’m freaking out. They’ve been filming since like July of 2018…Who has that much footage of them that they’ve never seen? I’m terrified.” 

Eilish has also recently joined a bunch of artists using their platform to urge her fans to go out and vote during the upcoming 2020 presidential election. Eilish participated in a video on National Voter Registration Day, Sept 22., for WhenWeAllVote, a website made to raise voter knowledge and help voters register, in which she told her followers to not waste any more time and go vote.

Fans are very excited to see this documentary as Eilish has one of the most prominent fan bases in the music industry. Eilish just released her new single titled “My Future,” where she speaks on her hopes and dreams for the world. She was not able to complete her massive world tour, as the pandemic forced her to stay at home as she was just starting her incredible career. Even with all the crazy things happening this year as well as uncertainty for the future, Eilish stated that she is looking forward to her future with the new documentary coming next year. Viewers and fans can watch the trailer on Billie’s YouTube and twitter account.