Meet our graduating seawolf: Valentina Hidalgo

Courtesy%2F%2F+Natdolanphotography
Courtesy// Natdolanphotography

The end of the Spring 2024 semester is approaching with many graduating students savoring the final weeks of their college experience. Sonoma State University offers a multitude of organizations, clubs and opportunities for students to become involved. Graduation is right around the corner and Seawolves across campus are getting ready to embark on the next stage of their lives. As students prepare for graduation, they might also be leaving behind many of the activities and friendships that they had created. As this portion of their lives ends, Sonoma State alumni will be able to use the skills and knowledge learned at school to excel in their careers or continued education.

It was a pleasure to sit down with Valentina Hidalgo, a fourth-year Business marketing major who is actively involved in running Seawolf Living and who is one of these graduating students. As the social media coordinator, she can be seen around campus promoting events and creating social media content. 

Q: How has your involvement with Sonoma State organizations impacted your time as a student? 

My involvement with Seawolf Living has absolutely made my experience as a Sonoma State student more than I ever could have imagined. This role has given me so many opportunities and experiences that have not only prepared me for life post-grad but have also made my college experience unforgettable. I couldn’t be more grateful to have been trusted with our brand the last three years. While I’m sad to let it go I know the future of Seawolf Living is in good hands and will only continue to grow.

Q: What are your plans after graduation?

I am also doing some freelance social media for a couple of businesses in the area that I will continue with post-grad, but I’m still looking for a permanent position. I hope to continue my passion for marketing after graduation and am hoping to find a social media marketing role in the beauty or fashion industry.

Q: Have you considered going to graduate school? 

I don’t think I’ll be attending graduate school as of now!

Q: What is one of your favorite memories at Sonoma State? 

My favorite memories from college have definitely been choreographing and winning Lip Jam 2023 and 2024 with my sorority Gamma Phi Beta! 

Q: What would be some advice that you would give to a new student starting at SSU? 

My advice to future Seawolves is to get involved and take risks! College (especially at Sonoma State) is what you make of it. So get out there and take advantage of as many opportunities as you can and don’t be afraid of making mistakes. The only way to grow is to try new things, mess up, and learn along the way.