Player of the Week: Skylar Linnane

Courtesy | Sonoma State Athletics

In a four-game series, the fourth year from El Dorado Hills put up three home runs against the Cougars, taking the team to a 3-1 win. She went off at the plate and was three for twelve, with eight runs batted in and a slugging average of 1.000. “The practices are paying off, and we’re working really hard,” said Linnane.

In Friday’s series opener against San Marcos, Linnane would put up a solo hit, but ultimately the Seawolves would fall 3-2 against the Cougars. In the series finale, the Seawolves would find themselves down by seven, and Linnane would hit a grand slam, helping her team to a 13-12 victory. “There were no outs, bases were loaded, [and in that moment] anyone in my shoes would want to be in that position,” said Linnane about her grand slam. Her contribution to the week would allow her to earn her first CCAA Player of the Week Award. 

“I just want to ball out for my senior season and enjoy this time with my team,” said Linnane about her final year as a Seawolf, “…and honestly we’re trying for another ring.” 

The women’s team currently holds an 8-9 record on the season, coming up on a huge home stand against Cal State East Bay in a double-header on Wednesday and a four game series against Cal State Monterey Bay this weekend.