Aspirations for Round Rock

Gwen Faeth
Kaleb Kuska keeping his eye on the ball trying to gain posession for his team

With a busy schedule this season, the lacrosse team has been making a name for themselves. They have been playing big schools and coming out with victories. 

On Saturday the team took on Washington State with ease, walking away with a blowout victory of 12-3. A vocal point for the team this year has been communication and working together. As the team took the win Saturday, they advanced their record to 5-1. 

Even with a victory margin as big as this one, the team still finds things to improve on. First-year defensive midfielder Tyler Poniatowski was thrilled after the huge victory and shared a few words. “As with any game, we had good and bad moments but we got through those with good teamwork and communication,” said Poniatowski, “and because of that we got the job done and will continue to increase our intensity.” 

On Sunday March 3rd, the team took on Purdue in their second game of the weekend and walked away with a triple overtime victory. The team took the win 5-4 over the Boilermakers to advance their record to 6-1. The ability to overcome obstacles in a game like this goes to show this team is ready to make a splash in this league and are doing everything they can to make the playoff push a reality. “I think the goal at the top of everyone’s list is to get to Round Rock [where the national championship is held],” said Poniatowski when asked what the team’s hopes are for this season. 

The team has been preparing themselves each and every week in order to make Round Rock a reality. “We take pride in our blue collar work ethic, we put in a lot of work in practice throughout the week. We also spent time watching film and planning for the games,” said Poniatowski. 

The team’s main focus this week is intensity and team work. They believe that if they can keep the wheels moving just how they are right now, they will have a great chance to do amazing things this season. They just lost their recent game this past Sunday against the Cal Poly Mustangs, putting them at 6-2 on the season with six games still left in the season. The team is away in their next three games, facing UCLA, SDSU, and Dominican University. They finish their season off playing Santa Clara, Cal Berkeley and Nevada. Stay up to date with their season and statistics by joining the  website  or following their Instagram account. @nomalax