Senior spotlight: Anna Eisert reflects on her time at Sonoma State

COURTESY// Anna Eisert

Anna Eisert, a fourth-year double major in communications and cinematic arts at Sonoma State, is excited and ready for the next chapter in her journey.

Do you feel nervous about graduating? 

I think everyone is nervous to graduate, it’s the end of a chapter, and no one knows what is going to happen next! But that’s what makes it exciting, every end is a new beginning.

What are your plans for after school? Do you have specific jobs you want or specific goals in mind? 

After school, I want to make my way toward the film industry. During my time at Sonoma State, I’ve realized my love and passion for directing. So my next few steps are contacting the connections I have, and then finalizing a job in the industry.

What made you decide to study communication and media studies?

When I transferred to Sonoma State, I had no idea what I wanted to do, and communication was the broadest possible major. I could do a lot with it, no matter what career choice I ended up with!

Why do you think communication is important to study? What skills does this major teach you?

I believe it is important to study communication because that is what connects us as people. It helps us to share ideas, collaborate more effectively, and understand each other.

What will you miss about Sonoma State? 

I will miss the people and the friends I’ve made here, seeing them every day. Especially in my on-campus job, I work at Associated Students and it’s difficult to turn away the full two years of relationships I’ve built with my coworkers. I truly love my job, taking photos at school events and creating video content for the students to enjoy on our social media platforms. Being at Associated Students has impacted me the most, and that will be the hardest to say goodbye to.

What pops up in your mind when you reflect on some of the memories from Sonoma State? 

Besides my time at Associated Students, I would say my memories with Studio Blue. Being the leader of the Short Film group has been an absolute honor and a privilege. It has been so fun creating short films to use for future references and creating fun memories with the people in production along the way.