Charm Thai Kitchen receives two thumbs up

Nathan Molina

There is nothing like a quick, convenient meal after a long day of classes. Charm Thai Kitchen is located just across the street from Sonoma State University and is a quick option for anyone looking to get a decent meal.

This restaurant is locally owned and operated and features many different authentic Thai comfort foods. Charm offers outdoor seating and is located near several other popular eateries in The Seawolf Plaza near campus. They also have an Instagram account you can follow called @charmkitch, where they post different pictures of their foods and drinks that are available if you’re unsure about what to order.

During my first visit I ordered the yellow curry with chicken alongside some chicken fried rice. The curry alone was $13 dollars and it was very flavorful. It features potatoes, onions, carrots, and chicken, and pairing it with the rice was a great combination. The curry and the rice mix up perfectly and the vegetables offer some nice changes in texture while you’re eating. I also ordered the golden tofu which was surprisingly crispy and very savory.

I only paired my food with a soda, but Charm offers many different milk teas and coffees that are popular among college crowds. It’s going to take a few visits before you find your perfect order. All together it came to around $35 dollars and left me satisfied. Although the place is a bit small, the food packs a punch. “I especially like getting the samosas and having curry with them. The crust and the sauce is always so good,” said customer Mike E.

“I know everyone talks about boba, but any of their milk teas are so good. Whenever I go it’s either a coffee or some boba to get started” said Paulina G. During my second visit, I took an interest in the rice bowls that Charm offers since I was in a pinch. Each bowl is only about $15 dollars and comes with your choice of rice, meat, and additional toppings. I bought the fried chicken rice bowl and added some mixed vegetables to add some variety. The mixed vegetables were a nice touch and the whole bowl was brought together by this nice sweet sauce that is drizzled on top.

These bowls would make a great to-go item for any students in a rush or who are looking to save a little money while they eat. The servings are plentiful at this location and depending on what you order you will be taking home leftovers very often.

Charm Thai Kitchen offers a welcoming environment and fairly priced comfort food that should have students coming back for more.