Kanye arouses inspiration and controversy- again

exc-56c2c0f72fe1319461487bb9
exc-56c2c0f72fe1319461487bb9

facebook.com

Kanye West’s newest album “The Life of Pablo” released Saturday evening.

“I know some fans thought I wouldn’t rap like this again/ But the writer’s block is over MC’s cancel your plans.” Those are the words that Yeezy fans have been dying to hear.

After a three-year hiatus, Kanye West returns to form on “The Life of Pablo”.
The album is outstanding and includes some of West’s best work to date. Bringing on a multitude of amazing guest features from Chance the Rapper to Kendrick Lamar, West sets out to prove that he is still one of the most original artists in the hip-hop community.

West has always been an innovator in music and has often set the blueprint for other artists to follow. The album borrows some elements from West’s “808’s & Heartbreak”, “Graduation” and “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy”, but has a sound that’s totally unique to this project.

“T.L.O.P.” has a very soulful sound, the way the instruments are layered and how the tracks come together give this album a gospel vibe.

This album takes a lot of cues from gospel music and uses elements such as choir singing, preaching, and many instruments such as organs, violins, etc. to connect with the listener.
West’s lyricism has always been a subject of controversy.

While there are some tracks that have that a bar or two that are in that vein, they shouldn’t deter the listener. West shows ferocity and cunning in his raps, as well as vulnerability and heartache.

One of the best tracks of the album, “Ultralight Beam”, West treats his listeners with one of his most inspirational tracks he’s ever created. West lets the listener know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that hope is here. Backed by an amazing gospel choir, percussions and drums give the track a soulful and warm feel. Without auto-tune, West sings in a calm voice, “Deliver us serenity/ Deliver us serenity/ Deliver us loving/ We know we need/ You know we need it.”

Chance the Rapper stops by to leave an unforgettable verse about hope and the pursuit of happiness. “Ugh, I’m just having fun with it/ You know that a n**ga was lost/ I laugh in my head/ Cause I bet that my ex looking back like a pillar of salt.”

On “Real Friends”, West paints the picture of his broken relationship with his family and wonders who in his life is a real friend. West takes a look at his relationships and realizes that it’s not only his loved one’s fault that they have issues, but him as well. With haunting drums providing the beat, West raps, “I’m always blaming you, but what’s sad is your not the problem/ Damn I forgot to call her, s**t I thought it was Thursday/ Why you wait a week to call my phone in the first place?”

The Chris Brown-assisted track “Waves” is about having lingering feelings for someone long after it’s over.

“FML” is about West staying true to his wife, as well as things he’s done to hurt her. The Weeknd delivers a chilling chorus, singing “I wish I would go ahead and f*ck my life up/ Can’t let them get to me/ And even though I always f*ck my life up/ Can’t let them get to me.”

The album isn’t perfect, but it’s pretty damn close. Aside from the ranting on “Facts”, West delivers listeners with great tracks that are sure fire hits.

It’s the Kanye West fans have been waiting for. Everyone knows that no one can do Kanye like Kanye.