Best of surf, turf in Rohnert Park

exc-541230c8e4b01f45ec93e498
    exc-541230c8e4b01f45ec93e498

When the words “fine dining” and “Rohnert Park” are put in the same sentence, some locals may think that is a crazy thing to say.  

The usual chain restaurants such as “Olive Garden” and “Applebee’s” seem to flood California suburbias, whereas city folks get to eat at independently owned restaurants every day.  

As of this past fall, problem solved.  Graton Resort and Casino offers dining at its finest for the Rohnert Park community and casino visitors.  

The most deluxe establishment in the building stands as 630 Park Steakhouse, named after the casino’s address.  

630 Park is the modern version of your classic American Steakhouse.  

As you walk in, you are greeted by a lovely lady. Looking to the right, you see a well-designed bar with a classy ambiance.  

Once walking through toward the back, you are seated in a large, spacey room with a relaxed feel.  The waiter takes a napkin and lays it on your lap for you.  

The wine list offers wines of the greater Napa and Sonoma counties, many of which are located right by the casino.  

The wine is as local as it gets while dining in the mecca of wine for the Western World.  

The wines (per bottle) can be pricey such as 2006 Verité red Bordeaux blend from the Chalk Hill appellation of Sonoma County which costs a nice $1,200 to order, but can go as low as a 2011 Louis Martini Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon for $38.  

The menu offers aged steaks and fresh seafood, along with delicious appetizers and sides, providing an array of options for a hungry customer with some cash in their pocket.  

The prime steaks are wet aged for a minimum of 28 days, while the Chicago-based Niman Ranch steaks are wet aged for a minimum of 21 days.  

These processes call for maximum flavor from the steak and produce the best results in preparation for the chef’s job.  

Appetizers include a Cioppino Cocktail for $17 and oysters for $18, both of which are delicious and worth the price.  

The soups and salads sections offersgreat, tasty soups such as the Traditional French Onion for a reasonable $9.  

“The Wedge” salad is a great pick consisting of tomato, Hobbs’ Bacon, Point Reyes Blue and ranch or Peppercorn Ranch dressing.  

Entrees besides steak consist of seafoods such as the $72 Lobster Tail and the Atlantic salmon for $28.  

630 Park also offers a Prime burger for $18, consisting of USDA prime-aged beef, half sour pickle and crisp french fries.  

The restaurant also offers sides that can be ordered along with the meal.  

The options are five different sides in the categories of vegetables, potatoes and specialties.  

Some standouts are the asparagus, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese and braised mushrooms.  

This review wouldn’t count if I didn’t even mention the happy hour menu.  

Going for only $6.30, 630 Park offers great dishes such as Prime French Dip Sliders and Tuna Tacos. 

The sweet potato fries are delicious and come with a side of spicy, Thousand Island dipping sauce. The drink menu gets even better.  

There are five different wines that go from $4.50 to $6 per glass.  Lagunitas IPA, Stella Artois and Bud Light go for only $2.50 while cocktail selections come between $5 to $7. 

630 Park Steakhouse is a great place to go.  If you have some money, go check it out.  

If you don’t have much money, check it out during happy hour.  Either way, this place is a must-go in the Rohnert Park area.  

It is a place you can eat well and be treated well.  The service was good; I never felt rushed or uncomfortable.  

The food was delicious overall, and the look of the place was breathtaking.  

So much for not having fine-dining restaurants in Rohnert Park.