Wine Wednesdays with a sunset

exc-5421a52de4b0a0d6201eaf15
    exc-5421a52de4b0a0d6201eaf15

As the sun was beginning to set, joyful laughter and the sound of voices could be heard throughout the terrace. The aroma of pizza in the wood-burning oven filled the air as the live band entertained the crowd. 

On Wednesday, Paradise Ridge Winery, located in Santa Rosa, only 30 minutes from campus, hosted its 19th Wines and Sunsets in Paradise event of the year. The prices for this event are $8 online and $10 at the door, admission to the event did not provide free wine. 

One could purchase wine by the glass or the bottle that ranged in prices from $8-$14 by the glass and $28-$54 by the bottle. There were wines ranging from 2011 Blanc de Blanc sparkling wine to their 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon, just to name a few.

“I didn’t even know that this amazing view of the city and the mountains existed in the Fountain Grove area,” said Amy Anderson, first time customer. “I would have never guessed that there was such a great winery up here, hosting such a fun event.”

Every Wednesday this event changes food vendors, but this week they had Rosso Pizzeria and Wine Bar with Recherche Du Plaisir that provided desserts.

Rosso Pizzaria offered delicious margarita pizzas for $12 as well as fresh and tasty salads. 

Recherche Du Plaisir offered samples of their amazing deserts as well as other sweet treats ranging from $2 – $6. Their pumpkin macaroons were delicious, while their ACDC chocolates packed a punch full of intense dark chocolate flavor and a kick of spicness.

The place was in full swing, with crowds of people throughout the balcony and the terrace. Many enjoyed their wine and relaxed as they looked out to a spectacular view of the sunset and the city.

Paradise Ridge offers this event every Wednesday between May and the end of October. This event is a place for people to come and escape from the stresses of life for a few hours, without the hassle of driving somewhere far away.

The ride up to the winery is a bit windy, but it is also scenic with its beautiful landscape of lush trees, vineyards and large sculptures. 

People can stop and go explore these amazing sculptures located throughout the winery. One can even stop and enjoy the beautiful view of their three interesting and beautiful alpacas roaming throughout the field.

“This is definitely a great place to come and unwind, the food and the wine are always delicious and there is always a great atmosphere,” said Meagan White. 

This week the band Da Puna Bruddahs provided spectacular live Hawaiian music. Many people took this opportunity to dance along.

“I love working here, we are family owned and operated and the family is very involved,” said Nikki Pelone, the waitress, “The wine is delicious and we are lucky enough to grow our own grapes in 156 acres here and in Russian River Valley.”