Chris-Mix tickets are out

exc-544f32f2e4b0f931fe6351e7
    exc-544f32f2e4b0f931fe6351e7

The holiday season is fast approaching so start it off with a night of amazing music while giving back to a great cause. 

Chris-Mix is an annual concert event put on by the local radio station Mix 104.9. The Mix team aims to give back to their loyal listeners and to a worthy cause through this event. 

This year’s Chris-Mix has an impressive lineup that appeals to audiences of all ages. The show is headlined by American Authors, known for their hit “Best Day of My Life.” Uncle Kracker and the 2013 Voice runner up Jacquie Lee will also take the stage.  

“The show is going to be fun,” said Mix 104.9 promotions director and Sonoma State University alumna, Jennifer Routh. “The artists are all extremely talented and excited to be here. Plus, it’s not often that you get to see stars breakdown their music acoustically in such an intimate setting.”

Mix 104.9 brought countless artists to Sonoma County including Matt Nathanson, Parachute, Third Eye Blind and contestants from The Voice and American Idol. Each year the show gets bigger and better. The event started out at a venue that held only 300 people and has now moved to a venue that holds about 1,500 people. 

The ninth annual Chris-Mix will benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. 

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services.  

At the show there will be a silent auction to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The silent auction will feature items such as gift cards to local businesses and signed merchandise. There will be a guitar up for auction that is signed by artists, including Colbie Caillat, The Frey, Matt Nathanson, Vicki Martinez from The Voice, Parachute, Andy Grammer and many more.

“This is the first time that we have worked with LLS on Chris-Mix,” said Mix 104.9 program director and on-air personality Danny Wright. “We have raised thousands every year for other great causes including the Santa Rosa Firefighters Toys For Kids program, Redwood Empire Food bank, M.O.M.S. (Mothers Of Military Service Members) and more.”

In radio, the relationship between the station and the listeners is crucial to the success. Mix 104.9 knows the importance of loyal listeners and giving back to the community. This event is designed with the listeners in mind.   

“At Mix 104.9, we are so lucky because we have listeners that truly care about us and when they care and get involved it makes our jobs so much more fun,” said on-air personality and Sonoma State alumna Courtney Scales, “when listeners get excited about contests, shows, or Chris-Mix it lets us know that we are doing our job right and we’re giving the listeners what they want. At the end of the day it’s most important that our listeners are happy.”

This year’s show will take place at Wells Fargo Center for the Arts in Santa Rosa on Nov. 30. 

Tickets are on sale now starting at only $20 or one can listen to Mix 104.9 for a chance to win. 

“My favorite part of Chris-Mix each year is meeting the people who spend time with Mix 104.9 at work or in their cars or at home,” said Wright. “Without them we don’t get to have the best jobs in the world. Plus I love to hear what people loved about the show and their experiences.”