Celebrities endorse presidential candidates

exc-5fab432136495c1e62055cc0
exc-5fab432136495c1e62055cc0

It seems like more than ever, politics have become a daily sometimes hourly part of our lives. The internet is plastered with he said, she said, and social media has turned into an advertisement service for candidates. This year celebrities have become more outspoken and endorsed presidential candidates, Former Vice President Joe Biden and President Donald Trump.

David Dobrik - Instagram.png

Youtuber, David Dobrik, has become an internet sensation and has given out dozens of cars to his friends and fans. Some of the most memorable being a BMW for his dad, a baby blue Ford Bronco for his long-time best friend and assistant, and a Lamborghini to one of the ‘Vlog Squad’ members. So, it came as no surprise when Dobrik and his team decided to encourage young adults to register to vote with the incentive of possibly winning a new Tesla. 

Dobrik posted a photo on Instagram featuring five Tesla Model 3s and asked his followers to share his post on your account, comment and tag a friend, and make sure that you were registered to vote through Headcount.org.

“I can’t vote. I’m not a citizen. I think that’s why I wanted to do this,” said Dobrik according to Forbes. Dobrik was born in Slovakia, and is under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program. 

Because of Dobrik, almost 120,000 people registered to vote, which is the highest in HeadCount’s 16-year history.

Within the past few years, Taylor Swift has become more vocal about her political views. This year, Swift endorsed Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and announced that she would be voting for them. Swift posted on her Instagram a photo of her with Biden Harris sugar cookies and encouraged people to vote. 

She spoke with V magazine and said, “The change we need most is to elect a president who recognizes that people of color deserve to feel safe and represented, that women deserve the right to choose what happens to their bodies, and that the LGBTQIA+ community deserves to be acknowledged and included.” “Everyone deserves a government that takes global health risks seriously and puts the lives of its people first. The only way we can begin to make things better is to choose leaders who are willing to face these issues and find ways to work through them,” said Swift.

Rapper, Lil Wayne, endorsed President Trump by posting a photo of the two of them with big thumbs up from their meeting in Miami on his Twitter. He captioned the photo, “Just had a great meeting with @realdonaldtrump @potus besides what he’s done so far with criminal reform, the platinum plan is going to give the community real ownership,” the rapper tweeted. 

“He listened to what we had to say today and assured he will and can get it done,” said Wayne.

Lil Wayne’s girlfriend, Denise Bidot, supposedly broke up with him soon after his endorsement, making fans draw their own conclusions.