A classic burger joint with a twist

exc-5703427bb6aa607cbb9c34ac
exc-5703427bb6aa607cbb9c34ac

In Cotati, off of Old Redwood Highway, is a local restaurant that truly lives up to its motto, “One mean burger.”

With a four-star consumer rating, Mike’s at the Crossroads is more than the average burger joint. However, it may not seem that way at first glance.

Entering the restaurant, it seems like any other. What makes the atmosphere so enjoyable though is its casual feel and love for sports, without throwing it in the customer’s face. Aside from the surfboard that hangs overhead, the love for the San Francisco Giants is very apparent. The wall behind the bar includes baseball memorabilia such as bats, autographed baseballs and bobbleheads. 

However, it’s not the ambience that sets Mike’s apart from other places. Mike’s offers specials for customers when they show theirserver a social media post. Additionally, the restaurant offers a two dollar beer special for every NFL game day. When it comes to the main course, Mike’s offers 17 delicious and unique burgers grilled to perfection.

One restaurant local, Mary-Lynn, described her burger as “one you pick up, but you don’t sett’er down.” Some of these creations include the Louisiana Pride burger prepared with blackened cajun spice and topped with freshly made spicy cilantro salsa. The P-Town burger is topped with a sunny side up egg while the Drunken Chili burger has a blend of beans, tomatoes and spices. The Krush burger with sauteed mushrooms, onion and garlic in a Zinfandel glaze jumps off the menu and the infamous Stinky Breath burger, topped with sweet rosted garlic leaves ones taste buds wanting more. 

The Pesty Pesto burger topped with pesto and served with swiss cheese, is always a crowd please and the famous Great Western Hickory topped with home-made BBQ sauce and bacon is a personal favorite.

Sophomore Jeremy Kichaven has been going to Mike’s at the Crossroads since his first day of freshman year. 

“Any day of the week, any time of day, I know that I’ll walk out of Mike’s doors with a smile on my face,” said Kichaven. 

Long-time Mike’s fan Michael Thompson, shared a similar view. 

“I was looking around for a while to find somewhere where I could watch the Giants play and enjoy a meal,’ said Thompson. “I went to Mike’s during the World Series last year when they won and I thank the Pesty Pesto burger for making my night that much more memorable.”

Mike’s at the Crossroads is open every day of the week from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM.