Cuisine choices after midnight: Ronnie’s Deli

exc-57cf61a0d2b857215af68967
exc-57cf61a0d2b857215af68967

Late night food options for Sonoma State University students are often hard to come by. But luckily, there are more options than it might seem. 

Students who are tired of McDonalds and Taco Bell can check out Ronnie’s, a gourmet deli in Rohnert Park that has late operating hours. 

Ronnie’s is open until 2 a.m. Monday through Sunday selling an array of sandwiches with fun names like ‘The Godfather’ and the ‘Royale with Cheese.’ Sandwiches are sold for less than $8 while other items are available for less than $5, making it affordable to college students on a budget. 

Ronnie’s also offers chili cheese fries, onion rings, wings and 12 different beers on tap.

Customers can enjoy these items inside at the dining area or out on Ronnie’s patio. The deli always televises popular sports games on its flat screen TV, allowing customers to never miss out on their favorite teams. For those who don’t have the time to sit down and enjoy a meal, Ronnie’s offers take-out and delivery options as well.

Located at 1460 E. Cotati Ave. this deli and taproom is a convenient option for students living on the Sonoma State campus. 

But even with its close proximity to campus, many students are unaware of what Ronnie’s has to offer.

“I’ve lived here for two years now and I don’t really know of many places to eat after a night out,” senior Nicole Milioto said.

Owner Ronnie Rao caters to Sonoma State students by offering 25 percent off to students who are first time customers. On top of the discount, Ronnie’s has countless offers that are both unique and interactive. 

Pokemon Go fans can visit Ronnie’s on Mondays between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. to receive $2 off burgers or beer. For the over 21 crowd or sport’s fans, the ‘Home Run Deal’ allows $1 pours of selected beers whenever the Giants or A’s hit a homerun. In addition, happy hour prices are offered anytime a customer’s favorite Bay Area team is on TV.

After speaking with some regulars, it seems the Godfather sandwich is a hit with new customers.

Rao wants everyone to be able to enjoy Ronnie’s and treats each person as a valued individual. 

Customers are known on a first name basis which makes the restaurant a comfortable and inviting place to enjoy a late night meal. Rao takes pride in the nature of this family-owned business. 

“When people walk through our door they are not customers, they are family and friends,” Rao said.

Rao welcomes Sonoma State students with open arms and wishes to see more students walk through the door in the future, so they too can become apart of the Ronnie’s family.

Whether it’s a weekend drink on the patio, some juicy sliders at the bar or just a quick sandwich at the deli, Ronnie’s has something for everyone. 

At Ronnie’s students can indulge in unique, affordable and local foods without taking a second look at the clock. 

Ronnie’s successfully caters to the college lifestyle and gives students the option of eating during hours that best suit their needs.