Best destinations by free bus ride

exc-589910fce58c6241a0c9ab77
exc-589910fce58c6241a0c9ab77

“Free Rides” is a program offering free transportation to Sonoma State students, provided by Sonoma County Transit. 

Not many take full advantage of this opportunity, simply because they are unaware of the program. Since many people struggle with staying on budget during their college years, saving money wherever they can a plus. Here are a few entertaining destinations that students can get to for free, until the end of the year.

1. Reading Cinemas 16 – Reading Cinemas 16 is the go-to movie theater for many in Rohnert Park. This past year movie tickets cost about $9, which makes Reading Cinemas 16 an easy form of entertainment for those on a budget. There also just so happens to be a bus stop outside of the theater located on Labath Avenue. 

2. Scandia Family Fun Center – Scandia is a one-stop destination for various kinds of activities. They have choices ranging from batting cages to mini-golf, blaster boats to bumper cars and even a restaurant known for its pizzaOpen daily, the destination is only about 10 minutes from campus. The bus stop is located at Redwood Dr. and Business Park Dr.

3. Driven Raceway – Driven Raceway is the perfect place to go for students with a need for speed. You do not have to have any experience to drive their racing karts, which ensures everyone can be a part of the fun. However, the fun is not only restricted to the race track. Driven Raceway also offers a mini bowling alley (for only $4 per game) an arcade and black light mini-golf ($6 for a nine-hole game).  The bus stop at this location is in the Wal-Mart parking lot. 

4. Double Decker Lanes – Aside from the obvious form of entertainment, there is also live comedy, karaoke and a bar. Double Decker Lanes stays open late and has group deals when it comes to pricing. The bus will stop at Robert’s Lake Rd. and Golf Course Rd.

5. Graton Resort and Casino – Graton is like any other casino, but being located in a college town provides it with more of a welcoming vibe to draw the younger crowd. Aside from the slot machines and card tables, they have a hotel, live entertainment, a spa and many dining options. For students 21 and older the Sky Bar, with drinks priced anywhere from $4 to $9, is a upcoming hotspot for the younger crowd. The drop off location for this spot is also on Labrath Ave.

6. Cal Skate – Although the disco era has faded, the Cal Skate roller rink still offers plenty of fun. The price of admission and skate rental is quite cheap too. Even though skating is the main attraction, those who do not like to skate or don’t know how can indulge in the arcade games and food. For students interested in this activity, the bus stop is located at Commerce Blvd. amd Padre Pkwy.