Seawolves Speak: What are you afraid for this semester?

The fall of 2018 has brought Sonoma State Univeristy a brand new class of freshman, all of whom are leaving the nest for the first time as they dive into the next step of their lives. As young fledgelings not yet privy to the ways and ideals of a college student, these first-years undoubtedly carry with them certain anxieties and worries that a seasoned Sonoma State student might have forgotten. The STAR decided to ask a small fraction of the new freshmen what worries them most about the upcoming semester, and found that the answers vary from person to person. However, we also should recognize that a question like this will draw answers which reflect the fears and concerns of not just a brand new student, but of a person who is leaving their comfort zone for the first time. 

“The thing I’m worried about most is getting a job this semester and balancing it with school work.”- Jarod Moyers, freshman

“The thing I’m worried about most is getting a job this semester and balancing it with school work.”

– Jarod Moyers, freshman

“I’m most worried about passing my classes and getting involved in school activities.”- Maddy Martella, freshman 

“I’m most worried about passing my classes and getting involved in school activities.”

– Maddy Martella, freshman

“Probably keeping up with my classes and the homework as well.”- Richard Pena, freshman

“Probably keeping up with my classes and the homework as well.”

– Richard Pena, freshman

“I’m most worried about being away from home.”- Hailey Walton, freshman

“I’m most worried about being away from home.”

– Hailey Walton, freshman

“The amount of writing that you have to do in an FYE class.”- Henry Popko, freshman

“The amount of writing that you have to do in an FYE class.”

– Henry Popko, freshman

“I’m most worried about not making friends and not being able to balance all of my schoolwork.”- Ali Ceschin, freshman

“I’m most worried about not making friends and not being able to balance all of my schoolwork.”

– Ali Ceschin, freshman