Seawolv Speak: How did you spend your Valentines Day?

exc-5e4c9cba096b7a0592893057
exc-5e4c9cba096b7a0592893057

As Valentine’s Day approached, love was in the air on Sonoma State’s campus. For many students, it was a time to spread love and positivity to those they cherish.

Valentine’s Day is not only a holiday for students who have significant others, but Seawolves on campus also spent Valentines, also known as “Galentine’s Day,” with their friends. Galentines is a word that means anyone can celebrate their platonic friendships on Valentine’s Day. Even if that is going out for dinner, watching a movie, having a wine night with friends, or going to the gym together. 

This year, the holiday landed on a Friday, making it easier for students to arrange plans with their loved ones and friends. After a busy week, students were ready to celebrate a day of love and friendship.

Sonoma State joined in on the spirit of love in honor of Valentine’s Day, so they served heart shaped pizzas at Lobo’s–where students could hang out and spend quality time together. It is a fun way to bond, while sitting back and enjoying a bite to eat.

For future Valentine’s day date inspiration, Seawolves shared what they did this past Valentine’s day.

“I hung out with my friends on Valentine’s day during the day. In the evening I went and had dinner at a Mexican restaurant with my special friend. I had so much fun.”-Ari Forman, Freshman, Undeclared

“I hung out with my friends on Valentine’s day during the day. In the evening I went and had dinner at a Mexican restaurant with my special friend. I had so much fun.”

-Ari Forman, Freshman, Undeclared

Valentines day was so fun. My boyfriend surprised me with a gift and my favorite Dutch Bros drink. Later that day, we went out for dinner and he made me feel so loved and special.-Stephanie Fortun, Junior, Kinesiology Major

Valentines day was so fun. My boyfriend surprised me with a gift and my favorite Dutch Bros drink. Later that day, we went out for dinner and he made me feel so loved and special.

-Stephanie Fortun, Junior, Kinesiology Major

Since it was Valentine’s day, I wanted to make sure everyone around me who I love felt special--even my RA. I made sure to say happy Valentines day to everyone, and in the afternoon, I made plans with friends.-Dirk Tolson, Sophomore, Computer Scienc…

Since it was Valentine’s day, I wanted to make sure everyone around me who I love felt special–even my RA. I made sure to say happy Valentines day to everyone, and in the afternoon, I made plans with friends.

-Dirk Tolson, Sophomore, Computer Science Major

On Valentines day, I took my girlfriend out for dinner to her favorite restaurant. I always make sure to remind her how special she is, but on Valentines day, I wanted to spoil her. Dinner is always romantic, and we had fun.-Erik Maldonaldo, Junior,…

On Valentines day, I took my girlfriend out for dinner to her favorite restaurant. I always make sure to remind her how special she is, but on Valentines day, I wanted to spoil her. Dinner is always romantic, and we had fun.

-Erik Maldonaldo, Junior, Computer Science Major

For Valentine’s Day, my boyfriend worked all day, so I had a small Galentine’s Day with my friends. Then my boyfriend and I had a late dinner reservation at John Ash and Co in Santa Rosa.-Leslie Padilla, Senior, Criminal Justice Major

For Valentine’s Day, my boyfriend worked all day, so I had a small Galentine’s Day with my friends. Then my boyfriend and I had a late dinner reservation at John Ash and Co in Santa Rosa.

-Leslie Padilla, Senior, Criminal Justice Major

I had a fun time with some of my friends. We had a Galentines get together and we made chocolate covered strawberries and watched a movie. It was a relaxing night, and we got to spread love.-Madisyn Lambert, Sophomore, Psychology Major

I had a fun time with some of my friends. We had a Galentines get together and we made chocolate covered strawberries and watched a movie. It was a relaxing night, and we got to spread love.

-Madisyn Lambert, Sophomore, Psychology Major