Seawolves SPEAK! What is your favorite on-campus memory?

Wth the announcement of spring 2021 being online, Seawolves are missing campus more than ever.  Sonoma State University’s small campus has created a close knit community between faculty and students. With students continuously joining and leaving the Seawolf pack, incoming and graduating  students each have certain moments they remember after their time at SSU. 

Within the first moments on campus students are creating moments that stay with them, making them feel more at home in SSU. Many students have found their homes in clubs and organizations or with new friends. Most incoming freshmen start their journey in the residential halls, quickly befriending roommates, and neighbors. They have created long lasting memories on campus with help of friends, staff and events. Students used to be seen all over campus eating, laughing with one another, tabling, and studying. These small moments that, for most, were taken without a thought now are some of the most missed. Now with the inability to do these things students are reminiscing on the days spent on campus. From late night runs to the Kitchens, to playing basketball at the Recreation Center,  students shared their favorite on campus memories that have made an impact on their SSU careers. 

“My favorite memory from SSU campus was the days the stress relief pups came to campus! They always put a smile on my face.”-Aleida Eckland, Sophomore, Hutchins Major

“My favorite memory from SSU campus was the days the stress relief pups came to campus! They always put a smile on my face.”

-Aleida Eckland, Sophomore, Hutchins Major

“Playing basketball in the Recreation Center. Even if it’s with friends or random students, it was always fun and you were able to make new friendships and homies during that time and create a bond.”-Dirk Tolson, Junior, Statistics and Spanish Major

“Playing basketball in the Recreation Center. Even if it’s with friends or random students, it was always fun and you were able to make new friendships and homies during that time and create a bond.”

-Dirk Tolson, Junior, Statistics and Spanish Major

“My favorite campus memory was having the opportunity to work at the Campus Recreation Center where I was able to meet new students and connect with my coworkers and gain friendships that I have never thought I would ever be able to have!”-Haddie Da…

“My favorite campus memory was having the opportunity to work at the Campus Recreation Center where I was able to meet new students and connect with my coworkers and gain friendships that I have never thought I would ever be able to have!”

-Haddie Daner, Sophomore, Business Major

“Big Nite my freshman year and meeting people who are still my friends today.”-Madi Goldt, Senior, Early Childhood Studies Major

“Big Nite my freshman year and meeting people who are still my friends today.”

-Madi Goldt, Senior, Early Childhood Studies Major

“Staring up at the stars when the power went out was pretty wholesome fun.”-Ben McDaid, Junior, Math Major

“Staring up at the stars when the power went out was pretty wholesome fun.”

-Ben McDaid, Junior, Math Major

“Going through recruitment and running home after getting my bid!”-Daija Bell, Junior, Psychology Major

“Going through recruitment and running home after getting my bid!”

-Daija Bell, Junior, Psychology Major