Seawolves Speak: How did you spend your Valentine’s Day?

exc-602c6cc192d13659380aa622
exc-602c6cc192d13659380aa622

With Valentine’s Day being one for the history books this year, it’s time for Seawolves to start planning activities to do to celebrate. With California’s shutdowns being up in the air, students are forced to adapt and come up with plan B’s and C’s to spend with their loved ones or friends. With this being our first socially distanced Valentine’s Day, it has truly been a unique one. While many students are forced to spend their Valentine’s in small groups, maybe being alone with that special someone isn’t all that bad. Seawolves shared their special plans for this year’s ‘distanced’ Valentine’s Day, letting readers know what they did with their loved ones this year!

Valentine’s Day is typically the holiday where people spend the day with their significant other, giving them your undivided attention and letting them know how much they are valued. Whether it be through acts of kindness or through creative gifts, Valentine’s Day is definitely a holiday where people shouldn’t skimp on their creativity! For those who spent their Valentine’s Day solo, Netflix and Hulu certainly didn’t have a shortage of romantic movies or TV shows to enjoy.

Our Seawolves were happy to be creative this year to express their love to their significant other, spending time with their closest friends, or having some fun alone. There was definitely no shortage of creativity with our Seawolves, and they were set on spreading the love during the pandemic!

“This Valentine’s, I will be spending my time making money at the Bodega Bay Lodge.”-Georgie Alvarez, Junior, Communications and Media Studies major

“This Valentine’s, I will be spending my time making money at the Bodega Bay Lodge.”

-Georgie Alvarez, Junior, Communications and Media Studies major

“I spent Valentine’s Day trying to teach my 7-week old puppy that her name is Zoey!”-John Sutherland, Junior, Sociology major

“I spent Valentine’s Day trying to teach my 7-week old puppy that her name is Zoey!”

-John Sutherland, Junior, Sociology major

“This year, I was working all day for Valentine’s Day, but after my shift, I went to get Mexican food and margaritas with my boyfriend.”-Kristen Monteverde, Senior, Business major

“This year, I was working all day for Valentine’s Day, but after my shift, I went to get Mexican food and margaritas with my boyfriend.”

-Kristen Monteverde, Senior, Business major

“This year I spent Valentine’s Day with my two best friends. We went to the beach then to my house for dinner and a movie night.”-Ava White, Freshman, Liberal Studies major

“This year I spent Valentine’s Day with my two best friends. We went to the beach then to my house for dinner and a movie night.”

-Ava White, Freshman, Liberal Studies major

“This year, I went to get In-N-Out with my girlfriend and we had a picnic! After that, we watched superhero movies and relaxed.”-Evan Minturn, Senior, Business major

“This year, I went to get In-N-Out with my girlfriend and we had a picnic! After that, we watched superhero movies and relaxed.”

-Evan Minturn, Senior, Business major

“This year, I spent Valentine’s with my  friends and family. We had our traditional Valentine’s Day dinner: filet mignon and crab!”-Isabella Barbero, Junior, Business major

“This year, I spent Valentine’s with my friends and family. We had our traditional Valentine’s Day dinner: filet mignon and crab!”

-Isabella Barbero, Junior, Business major