Chris Brown in police custody again

exc-57cde662e3df282738f14aac
exc-57cde662e3df282738f14aac

facebook.com

Multi-platinum artist Chris Brown can’t seem to catch a break from his bad boy reputation. According to CNN, Brown was arrested at home earlier this week due to suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon. Shortly after, police obtained a search warrant and spent several hours searching Brown’s home. Brown was then processed and booked, posting bail quickly. Brown’s attorney, Mark Geragos turned to Twitter to defend his client. He posted a tweet stating  the allegations were false, but he and his client are fully cooperating.

This isn’t Brown’s first run-in with the law. Back in 2009 he pleaded guilty to assault, after assaulting his then girlfriend Rihanna. That incident resulted in five years of probation, along with being banned in some of the countries he was supposed to perform in.

According to CNN, Brown violated his probation in 2013 and a judge ordered Brown to check into a rehabilitation facility. In 2014, he violated his probation yet again and spent three months in jail.

Due to these incidents, some people are concerned for his behavior. According to CNN, fans don’t want this to become a habit for Brown. Some believe  the authorities need to put Brown in prison in order for him to learn a lesson.

Following his arrest, Brown took to social media to express his feelings with the police. He recently posted a video where he rants about how the police treat him unfairly.

In the video Brown states, “when I call the police for stalker people that are endangering my life, they don’t come until the next day. Then somebody make a f***ed up allegation about me, and oh yeah the whole f***ing SWAT team.”

He’s had no trouble expressing his frustration, but he’s also had no problem with his music. In spite of everything that has happened, he managed to release a new song, “What Would You Do” after posting bail. According to CNN, there is no indication if this was a publicity stunt to promote his new song.

Chris Brown is an example of what some people consider getting “special treatment.” Celebrities  have had encounters with law enforcement often get off easy. Their status in society and the money they make helps them get out of the consequences for violating laws.

It seems unfair  they get this “special treatment,” but that doesn’t mean they live an easy life. People have the misconception  having money and fame makes life easier. Most celebrities live under a microscope; their entire life is publicized. They are constantly being criticized for their behavior and the decisions they make. Now that isn’t an excuse for reckless behavior, but it’s not easy when people are constantly judging every single thing you do.

As for Brown, he has taken responsibility for his actions in the past so it should be no different this time. He and his team are cooperating with authorities and a trial date has been set for Sept. 20.

There is no way of knowing how his trial will go, but according to CNN, there is some speculation around the incident. Baylee Curran is allegedly the woman he threatened with a gun, but there seems to be no credibility to her story. CNN stated that she is facing legal troubles herself.

There are also rumors she set Brown up, and that the incident didn’t occur.

As of right now there is no indication on who’s right and who’s wrong. We will just have to wait and see what the judge orders for Brown at his trial later this month.