Seawolves SPEAK!: How did you spend your Halloween this year?

exc-618b0f50664511127aa2606f
exc-618b0f50664511127aa2606f

Last year, many students were spending their Halloween at home, quarantined, and with their families, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This year, many students were eligible for the vaccine, so students were able to employ a new sense of normalcy when it came to celebrating this year. The university offered several different safe and social events to engage students, aiming to curate a more social holiday to make up for last year.

Unlike last year, students were able to go out to bars again and hang out with friends in costumes, and all children in the area were encouraged to go trick-or-treating. Although there are still some restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of students were staying as safe as possible, with many still wearing masks in public. While this year’s Halloween has been vastly different than it has in years before, having an opportunity to dress up with friends and spend time together is no longer a thing of the past. Dressing up with your friends is part of the college experience, and it was a breath of fresh air to be able to do so again. 

This year, freshman and sophomores were finally able to have s\their first in-person college Halloween, and juniors and seniors got another chance to go out with a bang, before the fun of college holidays came to an end. Thankfully, many students stayed safe and had a great time celebrating their Halloween. Even during a pandemic, the spooky holiday looked different for all sorts of students. From going out to bars, to staying at home handing out candy, to decorating cars for “trunk or treats”, SSU students were able to make the most of Halloween this year.  

“I recently moved into a new house with my fraternity brothers, so it was great to be able to spend Halloween with them this year.”

– Dylan Galvez, Sophomore, Business Major

“Every year, it’s tradition for my family to check out the pumpkin patches, but this year I was able to spend this tradition with my roommates!”

– Taylor Mitchell, Freshman, Kinesiology Major

“This year, I decorated my car for my church’s trunk-or-treat. At night, I was able to hand out candy to all the trick-or-treaters that came to the house!”

– Aliyah Arreola, Freshman, Undeclared

“This year, I went to a car show with my buds, and it was so fun to see everyone dressed up and getting into the Halloween spirit.”

– CJ Graham, Junior, Communications Major

“It was my first year spending Halloween in Rohnert Park, so I spent some time roaming the city with friends in our costumes.”

– Aslyn Eells, Sophomore, Wine Business Major

“I was able to see my sister for the first time in a while, so we just spent some time going to bars and reminiscing for Halloween this year.”

– Brett Hardin, Junior, Business major