“Doctor Strange” keeps audience on the edge of their seats

exc-58210b7e1b631bd084ad4a6e
exc-58210b7e1b631bd084ad4a6e

“Doctor Strange,” is the story about a neurosurgeon, once known for his outstanding skills in the operating room, as he is forced to learn about a new world in order to keep his current luxurious life. 

The film introduces Strange as a well-known brain surgeon who saves lives every day and makes an exceptional living for himself. Strange was involved in a tragic car accident causing him a lot of grief and the inability to go back to work. His hands had been crushed in the crash, therefore causing him significant issues from then on. As he continued seeking a medical miracle for himself, he discovered something else; a way to bend time and space. Strange traveled all over trying to find other ways to heal his hands since modern medicine was not doing the trick. Once he found what he was seeking, he received a lot more than he bargained for. 

“Doctor Strange” was released Nov. 4 and has since been dominating the box office. Director Scott Derrickson did an amazing job with the film. From start to finish, the audience was glued to the screen. Not only is the movie action-packed but humorous as well. Derrickson is known for directing other box office hits such as “Sinister 2,” “Poltergeist” and “Deliver Us from Evil.” Derrickson’s past films are mostly in the horror genre, so this seems like a change for him. This may be his first time directing a Marvel film, but he nailed every aspect of it including the cast choices. 

Benedict Cumberbatch was the perfect fit to play Strange. His character changes tremendously throughout the movie as he learns more about himself and his newfound abilities. Cumberbatch is also known for his award winning roles in “Sherlock” and “The Imitation Game.” 

Tilda Swinton was phenomenal. Swinton played the Ancient One and could not have done a better job. The Ancient One is the teacher who knows all, and the fact a woman was cast for this role is awesome. The Ancient One sounds like an old wise man, but when the audience sees it is a woman, it comes as a pleasant surprise. Even in the beginning of the film when Strange met her for the first time, he thought the Ancient one was an old man next to him, not a woman. Swinton has been in numerous award winning movies but is known for her roles in “Trainwreck” and “The Grand Budapest Hotel.” 

Doctor Strange is a fantastic film that keeps the audience on the edge of their seat. This movie was beautifully made and the amazing graphics definitely made the film. Audience members seemed very intrigued throughout the entire film, there was never a moment where their attention went elsewhere. 

To say this movie is worth seeing is an understatement. Marvel has outdone themselves yet again with this awesome action packed film. Dr. Strange has received a Rotten Tomatoes score of 90 percent, which is always a great sign. Doctor Strange lives up to its name and will continue to dominate in the box office.