No time for fun

exc-542af1b6e4b00b1a249571f1
exc-542af1b6e4b00b1a249571f1

Some individuals might think it is easy to multitask, but it is not always possible to give 100 percent to each task. Going to school full time and working full time is not an easy endeavor, and I would not advise it to any student. Sometimes, it is necessary to work full time to earn money for necessities. 

While the money can seem very rewarding, the time students have spent working, may have taken away time from their academics. 

The time used while working full time, could have been spent on studying for exams, homework or required reading assignments. 

For example, a full-time student at Sonoma State University is considered to be taking 15 units, not to get confused with the required 12 units mandatory for financial aid. A full-time employee is typically working about 30 to 40 hours a week, but these hours may be extended during the holiday for certain work places. 

Classes are about an hour to four hours long depending on which class you take at Sonoma State, and there is only 168 hours in a week. 

One more thing that every human being has to spend time on is sleeping. It seems like there are not enough hours in the day to do something as simple as that.

While there are benefits to working full time and going to school full time, they do not outweigh the obstacles that are created. 

Speaking from experience, working and going to school full time is nice when I get my paycheck, but regrettable when I have 10 hour days. At the end of the day, I feel drained and can barely keep my eyes open to do homework. 

This workload can also affect ones social life. Students must learn how to make sacrifices, like missing that fun event with their friends such as a concert. Doing this routine a couple days a week can get exhausting and at times is not worth it.

College is supposed to be a rewarding time for students where they can receive a good education as well as enjoy themselves. 

I would suggest that if a student must work, they should try to work only part time so they may use the rest of their free time for activities they relish. 

Students can participate in activities ranging from hanging out with friends, playing sports, attending Greek events and other engaging events. There is also a large group of the student body that belongs to a club, Greek organization or sport that requires time as well. 

It is not a bad thing to have a busy life due to all the great activities college campuses have to offer, and some can maintain this impacted schedule very well. 

If there were only more hours in the day, students could accomplish more of their goals and have more free time. Unfortunately, there are only 24 hours in the day and no one can get everything done. 

College goes by quickly so why not enjoy every moment of it? Instead of working, devote all your time to expanding your education and soak up all the memorable experiences you will obtain over these short years.