Plastic surgery addiction is not only for the rich and famous

exc-5c6a166315fcc00f43ce8968
exc-5c6a166315fcc00f43ce8968

At what point do people realize they have gone too far with plastic surgery? After giving birth, many women turn towards a tummy tuck or breast lift. This creates an ongoing desire to alter one’s perception. The process of plastic surgery can be time consuming and brutal yet makes one feel better and happier in the end. There have many endless amount of cases that include plastic surgery, however some have been very crazy. According to WebMD.com, it is hard to recognize which way a patient will go. The more intense cases are unusual and unrealistic, however the surgeons at hand will work through extremes in order to make the patient happy while also being cautious. These situations are often seen as normal, but surgeons do get the impractical requests from time to time. Recently, there have been more and more television shows covering plastic surgery. A common one is called Botched, where two popular surgeons try to fix a “botched” procedure. Paul Nassif and Terry Dubrow both star on the show and have seen endless amounts of horrible operations. They work together to reverse the individual’s previous surgery to create an amazing transformation. The results can be life altering as the surgeries provide a foundation for what should have happened before.

For example, the news has covered endless stories on Rodrigo Alves, also known as the “Human Ken Doll.” He has undergone over fifty surgeries to look like a male Barbie. This case shows the extremes some people go to. Another classic example would be Billionaire socialite, Jocelyn Wildenstein, often referred to as a cat look alike. She has spent over two million dollars on various surgeries to perfect her feline look. Although many surgeons told her to not get anymore procedures, she would not listen. These two people are prime cases proving how addicting and horrible plastic surgery can be. Once someone has one corrective surgery, they are inclined to do more as their love for themselves can change.

Throughout the tabloids, mostly celebrities are mentioned because of their prominent pictures and stories. Since many people look up to a particular famous individual whom might have plastic surgery, it increases the likelihood of the fans copying them. Sometimes it will start out with lip injections and eyelash extensions, then go from there onto plastic surgery. A common theme is the desire to look a certain way which makes one question: what is the social norm of a body type or facial image? This goes back to the way celebrities flaunt their plastic surgery, however some do hide it. Their flawless skin and toned bodies are very unrealistic for normal human beings who do not have all the money and fame. The bottom line is that plastic surgery should not be so common because generally enough is enough.

In a recent article, it is proven that men are more likely to get plastic surgery. One individual received hate online and was bullied at school, therefore making him hate his image. These led directly to plastic surgery, leading to addiction. Healthline said, “I was tailoring my body to fit the clothes instead of the other way around.” The cosmetic procedures were damaging and harmful to his body, and will surely impact him the rest of his life. The impossible standards are hard to achieve from a perfectly straight nose to a super flat stomach, though many individuals, famous or not, will continue to pursue this dangerous addiction. In conclusion, the desire to have plastic surgery should be up to that sole person, but it should never go too far. If somewhere were to spend thousands, that would be an exact example of too much plastic surgery.