Gucci opens pop up store in Chicago

exc-5e55de8fe0e38673fd51be75
exc-5e55de8fe0e38673fd51be75

The high-end Italian fashion and accessory company, Gucci, has set up a pop-up shop in Chicago, Illinois to help bring in the fun for NBA’s All-Star Weekend. The shop took some time to construct, but it was worth the wait when the doors opened. According to Gucci, the shop is “a dreamscape of nocturnal refractions and reflections, taking us into a fantastical night club where visitors are welcome to join the party.” The shop is set to be available through March 2.

Gucci is creating a wave filled with their short-lasting themed pop-up shops called “pins”, that will be inspired by the pins on an interactive digital map. Each shop will have personalized Gucci pins that will appear on google maps for anybody to see and locate them.To celebrate the launch of the Chicago Pin, Gucci commemorated Gucci Changemakers of North America, “a social impact initiative focused on increasing inclusion and diversity within the fashion industry and across communities and cities around the world” according to a Gucci spokesman. 

Gucci is doing a great service to communities all around the world by raising awareness about the social problems many communities are facing.

“Through our Changemakers program, we will invest important resources to unify and strengthen our communities across North America, with a focus on programs that will impact youth and the African–American community,” said Gucci President and CEO Marco Bizzarri. 

The Chicago pin features an exclusive collection that has a sporty streetwear vibe, along with a psychedelic Gucci printed basketball containing seven different colors, each color representing one of the seven train rails in the city. This basketball goes for a hefty price of $1,980. 

Each Gucci pin shop has been built around a common theme, to debut a city-specific collection of products, with Chicago’s being streetwear. The locations for the Gucci pop-up shops include Dubai, Mexico City, Bangkok, Moscow, and more. Their goal is to reach a variety of consumers around the world. 

According to WWD writer, Kristin Larson, “The pop-up will feature the Italian fashion house’s rainbow-colored GG Psychedelic Collection, which is debuting in Gucci stores and online this month. The assortment will include the exclusive basketball, in honor of the NBA All-Star Weekend, retailing for $1,980, as well as fashion accessories, shoes and apparel.”

Gucci’s creative director, Alessandra Michele, creatively and playfully threw the iconic “GG” logo on men’s and women’s streetwear products like a hooded tracksuit, luggage, and handbags. Every piece in the exclusive collection features each of the seven colors used on the basketball. The colors range from red, blue, green, pink, purple, yellow, and orange. For women, Michele created a dress, a shirt with a matching skirt, and a Gucci printed pajama set. As for men, the collection features a silk bowling shirt along with shorts, a nylon windbreaker, and swim trunks. The colors of the exclusive collection bring out the playfulness of the All-star weekend in Chicago, along with the sporty feel of the city. 

However, exclusive products come at expensive prices. Gucci jackets sell for $1,700, handbags at $2,500 and sneakers a whopping $650. The pop-up store is merely an experience for the average person as the price of Gucci shoes could cover a month’s rent in many areas. Gucci has done an excellent job of maintaining the prestige vibe of its company, making the pop-up store a fun experience for most.