Kick Off Summer at Northern California’s Biggest Country Music Festival

exc-5939ad93f5e2313861d25a71
exc-5939ad93f5e2313861d25a71

Sonoma County’s biggest party, Country Summer returns to Northern California on June 16-18 at the Sonoma County Event Center at the Fairgrounds, 1350 Bennett Valley Road.

The Chevy Silverado main stage will host country music megastar hit makers Thomas Rhett on Friday, June 16, Darius Rucker on Saturday, June 17 and co-headliners Justin Moore and Randy Houser on Sunday, June 18.

Rhett, took home the 2017 Academy of Country Music Male Vocalist of Year, along with Song of the Year for “Die a Happy Man.” He kicks off Country Summer with his feel good, pop-soul country hits like “T-Shirt” and his new single “Star of the Show,” dominating the contemporary country music scene. Rhett continues to usher in capacity crowds with “one of the best Country concerts of the year” (Peoria Journal Star).

Rucker, the former Hootie and the Blowfish front man has enjoyed a successful solo country music career. Debuting at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Album is Rucker’s fourth country album, “Southern Style.” He has six No. 1 singles, including  “Come Back Song,” “This,” “Alright,”  and three previous albums topping the Billboard Country Album charts. Rucker latest single “If I Told You,” gives his fans a preview of his upcoming fifth album.

Moore and Houser share co-headlining duties on June 18. Platinum-selling artist Moore, has three No. 1 albums and six No. 1 singles, including the 2016 hit “You Look Like I Need a Drink.” Moore’s trademark cowboy hat and Arkansas twang adds a traditional country sound to his part rowdy, part sentimental side of contemporary country music. Houser, has three consecutive hits, “How Country Feels,” “Runnin Outta of Moonlight,” along with his first No. 1 as a songwriter, “Goodnight Kiss,”  off the 2013 album, “How Country Feels.” Rolling Stone Country describes Houser’s sound as soulful and smooth.

The supporting acts to Rhett on June 16 are Maddie & Tae, Rolling Stone cited them as one of “10 New Artists You Need to Know” with their hit songs “Girl in a Country Song” and “Fly,” Michael Ray will perform  his No. 1 singles, “Kiss You In The Morning” and “Think A Little Less,” off his debut self-titled album, William Michael Morgan brings his traditional country music sound with his 2016 debut album “Vinyl” hits “I Met a Girl” and “Missing”  and Ned LeDoux, son of the late Chris LeDoux, brings classic country hits “We Ain’t Got it All” and “This Cowboy’s Hat,”  continuing the LeDoux sound.

Accompanying Rucker on Saturday, June 17, the lineup includes Montgomery Gentry, with 14 Top 10 singles, including five No. 1s, “Something To Be Proud Of,” “If You Ever Stop Loving Me,” Lucky Man,” “Back When I Knew It All” and “Roll With Me.”, A Thousand Horses, bring their southern style to Santa Rosa with “Southernality,” and their No. 1 hit “Smoke,” Texan Aaron Watson takes the stage with his new album, “Vaquero” and catch Clare Dunn, with her soulful sound on “Cowboy Side of You” and her latest single “Tuxedo.”

Ahead of Moore and Houser will be Canaan Smith opening up the show on Sunday with his No. 1 hit “Love You Like That,” June 18, along with Cam, whose  2016 chart topping hit, “Burning House” was nominated for a Grammy.

The Santa Rosa Stage where local favorites will perform has moved to the main lawn this year. This years performers on June 16 will be American Honey, Ryan Scripps on June 17, and closing out the lineup on June 18 is The Scotty Mac Band.

Country Summer is a destination country music festival in Wine Country, featuring top artists, attractions, food and drinks. There is something for everyone – from the Jack Daniel’s saloon to the Kendall-Jackson Wine Garden with wine and spirits, to Tito’s Handmade Vodka Bar and Bud Light for beer drinkers.

A new addition to Country Summer 2017 is the Marketplace. This indoor shopping area will showcase Western Wear, high-end jewelry, food products and other merchandise.

Country Summer gates open at noon, and music begins at 1:30 p.m. each day of the festival.

Tickets are on sale now. General admission tickets are $79 per day and three-day admission passes are $209. Single-day reserved seat tickets are $109 and  three-day admission passes are $299.

Country Summer will offer a limited number of the popular standing room only tickets up close to the stage in the Pit.  Single-day pit passes are $119.     

To purchase tickets, go www.countrysummer.com, visit the fairgrounds box office or call

800-514-3849 to order by phone.