Petaluma beer garden hosts weekly live music from local musicians

exc-6153e13abdce7c5b45b12c74
exc-6153e13abdce7c5b45b12c74

Nestled in the heart of downtown Petaluma beside the bank of the Petaluma river lies Brewsters Beer garden. Concealed behind a wood-slatted fence is an all-outdoor concept with room for over 350 guests. The restaurant hosts live music events performed by a range of local bands on Brewsters’ stage every Sunday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Last Thursday evening, they hosted the local band Pacific Vibration, a “Cali/Island reggae band from the San Francisco Bay Area,” according to their website. The strumming of the ukulele mixed with the vibrant sounds of the acoustic guitar formed a harmony of soft, mellow reggae with a twist. 

Walking through the front entryway, guests are greeted by rows of large picnic tables, with trees planted throughout the patio area. To the left is the “Chicken Coop”, Brewsters’ to-go bar, where they serve local beers, craft cocktails, homemade barbeque sauce, and branded merchandise. There is an elevated wooden stage covered by a pergola, its backdrop is a huge brick wall.

“[My favorite event is] the live music… We’ve got a lot of amazing local bands. I’m a musician myself, so having an amazing venue like this to be able to play in, it means a lot for musicians. It’s that really cool outdoorsy, family-yet-party vibe,” said Robin, a server at Brewsters. 

In addition to reggae, Brewsters hosts bands from a range of genres, like bluegrass, soul, rock, country, and blues, to name a few. 

“We like that whole neighborhood vibe where everybody comes in and makes it their home here. We really love that,” said Robin.

Across from the stage is a bocce court, there is a fire pit, as well as a covered eating area equipped with a full bar, more picnic tables and bar tops, and televisions displaying the day’s sporting events. 

“I am interested in going to Brewsters in Petaluma. I’ve never heard of it or been there, but it sounds like a fun experience. I would bring my friends along…” wrote SSU senior Evelynn Harra in an email. 

“I am now excited to go to this place with my roommates! The music and food aspect calls my name, I am a huge sucker for a good time with good company,” wrote SSU junior Azucena Ferrusca Lopez in an email. 

Brewsters’ “open-air dining” is advantageous in the time of COVID-19, as guests can enjoy a safe excursion outdoors.

Brewsters hosts other events in addition to live music. Every Monday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. the restaurant hosts a Bingo night, and Wednesdays are trivia nights, also hosted from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Upcoming seasonal events at Brewsters include Oktoberfest during the first weekend of October. There will be live music, German-inspired dishes and beers, as well as various competitions throughout the event.