Fraternity brothers remembered

exc-542db0e3e4b00b679f1c71b0
    exc-542db0e3e4b00b679f1c71b0

Kelli (21) and Cole (15), his father, Ken, stepmother, Pauka, and stepbrothers Evan (13) and Patrick (10). 

He attended Point Loma High School in San Diego and traveled to Sonoma State University for college where he became a member of the Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity. Brady enjoyed his work as a bartender and server, or anywhere he could talk to people and enjoy personal exchange. He created friendships anywhere and everywhere he found himself, and continued to enjoy these relationships his last day.

Brady was a soccer player, a drummer and all-around outdoor enthusiast. He loved water sports, skiing, hiking, camping and anything fun. 

Brady loved life. His personality lit up the room and he embraced every moment that he had on this earth. Brady was someone who enjoyed meeting new people, having a good time, and left an impression on Sonoma State unlike anyone before.

Brady’s grandparents as well as his aunts, uncles and many cousins within the San Diego area enjoyed every moment they spent with him. Brady’s family is very close and will continue to celebrate the amazing legacy that he left behind. He was known as the spark plug and served as comic relief for his family. Collectively, they have lost their boy, but also their friend.

Dustin Joseph Courtney, 23, was involved in a motorcycle accident in Torrance,  and passed away on Jan. 7.   

Dustin was born in Whittier, growing up in both Diamond Bar and Anaheim Hills. He is survived by his father Bret, mother Dana, sister Katelyn (26) and stepfather Gary. 

Dustin’s hometown was Anaheim Hills where he attended Canyon High School, graduating in 2008. He then attended Sonoma State University, earning a B.S. in Business. After graduating he worked as an estimator at Del Amo Construction.  

His hobbies included fishing, camping, snowboarding, shooting sports and motorcycle riding.  

Dustin was known for his caring nature and was always willing to help his friends and family alike. He was a spontaneously funny individual who always had a smile on his face. Dustin’s compassionate and hardworking personality was displayed on the football field, but more importantly with each interaction that his friends and family encountered with him. 

Dustin also loved his fraternity, Tau Kappa Epsilon, and the people in it. He left his mark with this group, and they are forever grateful for Dustin’s positive encouragement and infectious smile. 

The love that others had for Dustin was displayed this past week, with over 500 people in attendance. Dustin will be missed by his friends and family tremendously. Dustin Courtney was loved by many, and his legacy will live on forever.