Campus warned about suspicious person

On Friday, Sonoma State University students were warned in regards to a suspicious person harassing female pedestrians in Rohnert Park.  The Department of Public Safety is looking for assistance from the public in identifying a male suspect who was reported of harassing both a college student and 14-year-old females while walking during morning and afternoon hours in Rohnert Park.

On Jan. 28, a 14-year-old female was walking to school and was stopped by a male who pulled up next to her in a vehicle described as a four-door, dark gray sedan with tinted windows, asking for directions to the freeway and suggested the girl get into his car. A friend of the 14-year-old female, also recounts a similar incident occurring to her roughly four months ago on East Cotati Avenue in Rohnert Park. 

On Feb. 10, a female college student was approached while jogging in M Section of Rohnert Park and was asked for directions. 

The victim recognized the male as the same individual who had pulled up to her in the same area of Rohnert Park one month prior to the incident on Feb. 10, asking for directions and whether she was a Sonoma State student.

The female harassed on Feb. 10, describes the vehicle the suspect was driving as an early 2000s black Honda Civic. The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his 20s or 30s with black hair and round face with a thin beard.

Anyone with information regarding the suspicious person is advised to contact Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety Investigations Bureau at 707-584-2630 and if approached by the suspect, contact the Dispatch Center at 707-584-2611.