Friday night movie themed Jeopardy

STAR// Dennae Taylor

Tucker Jensen, Robert Wiles and William Beales: Winners of Jeopardy in W&B on April 7.

On Friday, April 7, from 8-9:30 p.m., Student Involvement put on a game of Jeopardy which was movie themed. This brought in a decent-sized crowd of about 15-20 students. The event was in Weyden and Brewster and was the first Jeopardy game of the year.

The game was played through a PowerPoint put together by Libby Sarto, a third-year kinesiology major with a concentration in exercise science. Sarto has been with student involvement since August. The PowerPoint consisted of miscellaneous movie quiz questions that were found online. Students were told to get into teams of two to three if they had not come up with a team to play with. Some students came with their teams and some paired up with others on the spot. Each team had its own name. Team one called themselves “Tucker and His Friends.” Team 2 was called “2+3=4.” The third group was named “Team Stars.” The final group was named “McJess Meal.”

The categories of Jeopardy consisted of Disney, Marvel, DreamWorks, Adam Sandler(which was a crowd favorite), and Star Wars. “Tucker and his friends” started out the game by picking Star Wars for 300. The question was “Who is the only non-Jedi to use a lightsaber?” They answered by saying who Han Solo is. This was the correct answer.

The next group, “2+3=4” picked Marvel for 200. “Who’s power exceeds that of the Sorcerer Supreme?” The answer, and what they answered, was who is Wanda/the Scarlet Witch. The “Stars” then chose Disney for 300. This question was “Which Disney princess has a living mother and deceased father.” The ‘Stars’ got this one wrong so the question went up for grabs to whichever group “buzzed in” first. This was done by hitting the table the fastest and the loudest. “2+3=4” answered this one right with the answer being “Princess Tiana.” The last group, “McJess Meal,” chose Adam Sandler for 500. The question was “Who is the father of Skeeter in Bedtime Stories?” No one was able to answer this question.

As the second round started, Sarto put a limit on the amount of time groups had to answer the questions, since many groups were sitting there for a while without an answer. “McJess Meal” continued to answer questions from the Adam Sandler category, and continued to get them wrong. The rest of the teams were a hit-and-miss on each turn, except for “Tucker and his friends” who got most answers right.

Jennifer Martuscelli, a third-year dance major with a minor in business, was a part of the group 2+3=4. Martuscelli said “I enjoy going to the student involvement events when I can. They’re fun and entertaining.”

The final question was a bonus one for 1000 points. The category was DreamWorks and the question was “How many opening lines of the Bee Movie can you recite correctly?” This one was close between two groups but William Beales, a third-year Electrical Engineer major, part of “Tucker and his friends,” ended up winning the bonus question, concluding with a total of 3,800 points.